Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 12:49 AM   #1
darylbrayman
Connoisseur
darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Mini, Glo, Aura and Aura H20
Question for Australians

Hi, I'm working off the coast of Trinidad right now. I'm Canadian and have a Bebook and a Sony 300. One of my co-workers is from OZ and has been showing a lot of interest in my ebook reader. He asked me what ebook reader I would recommend. So I told him I would check with the Australian experts on Mobile Read.

1. What ebook readers are available in Austrailia?
2. What is the best bang for the buck ereader out of the above?
3. Where are they available?

Thanks in advance for your time and trouble.

Regards, Daryl
darylbrayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:13 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
DA Direct is pretty good, and a lovely and helpful employee, cbell, hangs out here too:

https://www.dadirect.com/books/ebookreader.asp

You'll see some of the devices available there.

There's also Dymocks, if your friend is a masochist (sorry, not fond of them, but your friend will know the chain and if in Sydney or I think Melbourne can look at the devices they sell in one of the big stores there)

There are other retailers as well in Oz, and I'm sure some folks will be along shortly to add to this. Note that some people have bought their devices from OS quite happily (eg. Kindle, now available internationally from Amazon, and the Sony devices from places like B&H Photo Video).

Send your mate this way though, as there'll be lots of folk happy to offer advice and their personal experiences.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:43 AM   #3
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Thank you montsnmags The link you gave is perfect and there's also
www.ecoreader.com.au

ECO Readers are available at Reader's Feast, Myer, Readings, Dymocks, Boomerang Books and some academic bookshops. Many of these stores also sell Cybooks and iLiads.

ECO Readers have a companion bookstore at
www.readwithoutpaper.com

Daryl, your Bebook is the European version and the ECO Reader is the ANZ version of the Hanlin V3.

If your friend wants to read novels, I'd recommend a 6" or 5" ebook reader. For academic or technical documents, a larger screen might be more suitable.

Your friend is very welcome to join us at Mobileread!
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote