Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
unfinished element?

I get an error in epubcheck to this effect: ERROR: visionsi.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(6): unfinished element

lines 5 and 6 are as follows
<meta name="Sigil version" content="0.2.4"/>
</metadata>

Is meta name unfinished? How do I finish it?

Thanks!

Later: aha, I think perhaps I simply don't have enough information in the metadata. Is that the problem? What is a reasonable short list for the metadata?

Last edited by Oldpilot; 11-01-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
You open with meta and close with metadata, make up your mind. They must be the same word. Of course, metadata is the word.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
of course it may also be that you have not specified an author, title, and/or language. These are required IIRC.

If any of the required metadata elements are missing, epubcheck will throw the very error you posted.

Flight Crew, OTOH, might even tell you which ones are missing (don't know, I haven't tried).
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:20 AM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
Flight Crew, OTOH, might even tell you which ones are missing (don't know, I haven't tried).
Not just might, but will.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:39 AM   #5
Fabe
Dylanologist
Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: none/all/any
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
I get an error in epubcheck to this effect: ERROR: visionsi.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(6): unfinished element

lines 5 and 6 are as follows
</metadata>

Is meta name unfinished? How do I finish it?

Later: aha, I think perhaps I simply don't have enough information in the metadata. Is that the problem? What is a reasonable short list for the metadata?
<metadata xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlnsopf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf">
<dc:title>Book Title Goes Here</dc:title>
<dc:creator opf:role="aut">Author Name</dc:creator>
<dc:date opf:event="publication">2010-11-02</dc:date>
<dc:language>en</dc:language>

<dc:identifier id="BookID" opf:scheme="UUID">dedf729e-5fdc-4bab-a2c6-4c872df2f3e3</dc:identifier>
</metadata>

The title, date, and language metadata tags are essential to pass validation. -Fabe
Fabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabe View Post
<metadata xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlnsopf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf">
<dc:title>Book Title Goes Here</dc:title>
<dc:creator opf:role="aut">Author Name</dc:creator>
<dc:date opf:event="publication">2010-11-02</dc:date>
<dc:language>en</dc:language>

<dc:identifier id="BookID" opf:scheme="UUID">dedf729e-5fdc-4bab-a2c6-4c872df2f3e3</dc:identifier>
</metadata>

The title, date, and language metadata tags are essential to pass validation. -Fabe
I think it is title, ID and language that is essential.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think that all you need to do is touch the file with Sigils Metadata editor for some of them to be fixed .
Why worry about names, when Sigil will set that part. All you need to do is set the dsts values in the default (supplied fields)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote