Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-19-2013, 01:16 AM   #26551
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
And all this to celebrate my 10,000th post in MobileRead!
Happy 10,000th Stitchawl!

I'm just getting ready to make some Don Francisco's Columbian coffee. My favorite of this brand is the Butterscotch Toffee one.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:29 AM   #26552
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Well done, Stichawl. That's an impressive number.

Lots of tea all day, I feel like I'm awash in it. I've been heads down on a tech review chapter and no time to come here. But now it looks like I'm going from no work at all, to way too much again. Sigh. Well, it's winter, so what better time.

Finishing off with a bit of fresh squeezed OJ to take my pills, and a glass of diet coke.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 02:53 AM   #26553
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Congratulation!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #26554
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Congrats Stitch!

CRussel, at least it is work. That is a good thing!

Getting ready to go for a walk with my little man.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #26555
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Saturday morning Sumatra coffee in my cup.
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #26556
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cafe Americano at Starbucks. Now a fruit smoothie
Old 10-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #26557
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Congrats Stitch!

CRussel, at least it is work. That is a good thing!

Getting ready to go for a walk with my little man.
Oh, definitely agreed. And you'd think by now I'd be used to the "boom/bust" cycle of a freelancer. But this has been a bit on the extreme side of that, I fear. IAC, work we must. If only because eat (and drink) we prefer.

In my cup: more of that Murchie's Russian Caravan. We're stuck with an inversion and a high pressure system, so it will be nothing but fog all weekend, apparently.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #26558
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Milk Oolong while sharing some cookies and clementines with my little man
Old 10-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #26559
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Tea number three waiting for me on the counter. Downstairs. I miss my little, portable netbook. (Yeah. First world problems.)
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #26560
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
John Barleycorn must die
The Kipper Family did a nice parody of this called Joan Sugarbeet.

Quote:
Congratulations! I raise a Coke Zero to your next 10,000.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #26561
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I feel a blue 'cause I can't sew
There's still a lot of things that I should know
Anyone can guess
I don't know how to press
My Saturday clothes
Everyone's goin' home
I feel a little sad to watch them leave
But I'll be cool because I don't believe
The happy times are gone
I can still put on
My Saturday clothes
Every warm body knows

I've got to tell you
That was a swell time
So now I'll take the butts away
And put the glasses on the tray
I'll see you all next Saturday

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJja9QcEGGc )

Another Saturday night came and went... and it was nice!

Good morning, everyone. Sunday morning, coming down... and it's nice too. Peaceful. Quiet... Big mug of unbranded Keemun tea in my mug. No Food Lady today as Sunday is her one day off, so we'll be cooking our own this morning. I've got a rosemary foccacia rising in the kitchen... I think today will be lots more reading and music, without much physical activity. I can use the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The Kipper Family did a nice parody of this called Joan Sugarbeet.
Very clever! This song has been around in one form or another since the 1500's, and everybody has taken a shot at it. Even Robert Burns, who's poem became the framework for most of the modern versions. I've listened to half a dozen of my favorite folk people or groups doing this song but find the 2011 Steve Winwood version most to my liking, probably because it can be done so easily and so clean.

Quote:
Congratulations! I raise a Coke Zero to your next 10,000.
Thanks. And thanks to all who have so commented! I was too busy practicing to reply to each when they happened.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #26562
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Finishing off an evening of Fred Astaire movies with a couple of fingers of Talisker.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:52 AM   #26563
dreams
It's about the umbrella

I love those old movies.

Home again and enjoying my coffee and M&M's.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #26564
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Peet's Major Dickason's coffee. Aaahhhhh.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #26565
dreams
It's about the umbrella

I do have to try that one.

Sumatra coffee in my cup and slowly moving toward getting started on the day.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?