Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #1621
shesgottaread
shesgottaread began at the beginning.

Device: Handspring Visor, Android phones, Nook Color, Calibre
@FaceDeer, would you mind sharing the regexes needed to do this correcting of the author_sort? I'm trying to learn python, and have done some other programming, but regexes are something that have always given me problems.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:00 AM   #1622
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by shesgottaread View Post
@FaceDeer, would you mind sharing the regexes needed to do this correcting of the author_sort? I'm trying to learn python, and have done some other programming, but regexes are something that have always given me problems.
This one's about the simplest possible one.

The goal of this regex is to match the entire string that's in the "author" field and output it unmodified into the "author_sort" field. The regex to match the source "author" field is:

(.*)

The dot means "match any character (that's not a line-end)" and the asterix after it modifies it to mean "match any number of this character". So it'll match a string of any length consisting of any characters. The brackets around them tell the regex engine that this group of matched characters is going to be referred to later, so it should keep track of it.

The regex to put in the destination "author_sort" field is:

\1

The backslash-one tells the regex engine "insert the group of characters that you matched with the first bracketed section of the source regex". Fancier regexes could have multiple bracketed sections, for example if you wanted to reverse the order of two chunks of something you could have bracketed sections match the first chunk and the second chunk and then output to a "\2 \1" regex. I suppose in theory one could come up with a fancy regex to parse the author_sort and reverse-engineer it back into its original form, but since we *have* its original form already sitting in the author column that's not necessary.

I'm still in the process of making a backup of my main fanfic archive so I haven't run this "for real" yet, but I did some test runs on a small test archive so I'm 99% sure this is correct. Nevertheless, make a backup of your own before you run this. Always a good idea when dealing with regexes, even ones this simple. They can be arcane.
Advert
Old 08-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #1623
shesgottaread
shesgottaread began at the beginning.

Device: Handspring Visor, Android phones, Nook Color, Calibre
Thanks very much! I think I understand what this is doing, and you're right, since we've got the source data, no need to try and reverse-engineer the author_sort back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceDeer View Post
Always a good idea when dealing with regexes, even ones this simple. They can be arcane.
Arcane is definitely the word for it!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #1624
DavidBrookes
DavidBrookes began at the beginning.

Device: None
I am having a problem with downloading some stories with Calibre/FanFictionDownloader from PhoenixSong.Net. I am getting the following error:

calibre, version 0.9.44
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'

calibre 0.9.44 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.4
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.dialo gs", line 568, in do_loop
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.dialo gs", line 575, in do_when_finished
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_ plugin", line 1063, in start_download_job
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_ plugin", line 1900, in escapehtml
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'

See below for the storeis giving the problem -

http://www.phoenixsong.net/fanfiction/story/5951/
http://www.phoenixsong.net/fanfiction/story/5980/
http://www.phoenixsong.net/fanfiction/story/5979/
http://www.phoenixsong.net/fanfiction/story/5981/
Old 08-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #1625
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBrookes View Post
I am having a problem with downloading some stories with Calibre/FanFictionDownloader from PhoenixSong.Net. I am getting the following error:
http://www.phoenixsong.net/fanfiction/story/5951/
http://www.phoenixsong.net/fanfiction/story/5980/
http://www.phoenixsong.net/fanfiction/story/5979/
http://www.phoenixsong.net/fanfiction/story/5981/
Okay, I know what the problem is. It's something we've bumped into before when sites allow HTML tags in the title.

Up until now, I've be changing it for one site as a time as it becomes a problem. This time I've gone through and fixed it for all sites. But that ends up touching the adapters for 75 different sites.

So here's a test version for people to use for a bit to make sure I didn't break anything in the process. :-)

Last edited by JimmXinu; 08-27-2013 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Advert
Old 08-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #1626
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
I updated to calibre 1.0 and now if I add new stories my custom columns are no longer filled.
I checked again and in my settings in FFDL in custom columns I have definded a few of my columns to set automatically - but that doesn´t happen anymore.
Do I need to adjust something?

Last edited by ILB; 08-23-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #1627
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ILB - I'm not seeing this problem.

What kind of column is it that isn't working? Int, float, text?

What is the metadata that you're trying to fill it with?
Old 08-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #1628
El_Pirato
FanFic Hunter
El_Pirato began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
why is adultfanfiction.net not on your list of sites? Is it because of the electronic signature?
Old 08-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #1629
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Pirato View Post
why is adultfanfiction.net not on your list of sites? Is it because of the electronic signature?
Exactly. The ominous legal warnings are sufficient to make us leery.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #1630
Snowman
Zealot
Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 5, Kindle K3, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILB View Post
I updated to calibre 1.0 and now if I add new stories my custom columns are no longer filled.
I checked again and in my settings in FFDL in custom columns I have definded a few of my columns to set automatically - but that doesn´t happen anymore.
Do I need to adjust something?
I'm seeing the same thing - in my case it is specifically "word count". The message "queuing for Count Pages plugin" (can't remember the exact text) never appears, and the background task is not initiated. I've seen the issue on adding a new story, and both with a single and a bulk update.

The CP plugin itself works fine, and I can manually force a recount.

van
Old 08-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #1631
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I'm seeing the same thing - in my case it is specifically "word count". The message "queuing for Count Pages plugin" (can't remember the exact text) never appears, and the background task is not initiated. I've seen the issue on adding a new story, and both with a single and a bulk update.

The CP plugin itself works fine, and I can manually force a recount.
Failure to launch Count Pages is a very different problem from failing to fill custom columns. And not one I'd ever notice--I don't use it regularly.

However, I don't see that problem, either. I configure CP for the column and check 'Page Count' on the Count Pages tab in FFDL config and it works.

What OS are people seeing problems with?
Old 08-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #1632
Snowman
Zealot
Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 5, Kindle K3, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Failure to launch Count Pages is a very different problem from failing to fill custom columns. And not one I'd ever notice--I don't use it regularly.

However, I don't see that problem, either. I configure CP for the column and check 'Page Count' on the Count Pages tab in FFDL config and it works.

win xp pro sp2 here.

The column set up (from metadata_db_prefs_backup.json) is
Spoiler:
"#wordcount": {
"is_category": false,
"colnum": 9,
"kind": "field",
"is_custom": true,
"name": "Words",
"column": "value",
"rec_index": 24,
"search_terms": [
"#wordcount"
],
"link_column": "value",
"label": "wordcount",
"is_multiple": {},
"datatype": "int",
"category_sort": "value",
"table": "custom_column_9",
"is_editable": true,
"display": {
"number_format": "{:,}"
},
"is_csp": false
},
Old 08-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #1633
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@ILB - I'm not seeing this problem.

What kind of column is it that isn't working? Int, float, text?

What is the metadata that you're trying to fill it with?
I use the following columns and no one of these works:
updated (typ: date)
word count (numbers)
status (text)
relationship (text)
category (text)

Quote:
Windows Vista

I agree with snowman, a manually running of count pages works and fills the column word count.

Last edited by ILB; 08-23-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #1634
SuzanneTF
Enthusiast
SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Reader/Kobo Aura One
For a few stories I'm attempting to download, I get the error "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'nextSibling'." Other stories are downloading fine. Is that something wrong with the story that is uploaded on the site?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #1635
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneTF View Post
For a few stories I'm attempting to download, I get the error "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'nextSibling'." Other stories are downloading fine. Is that something wrong with the story that is uploaded on the site?
Please post story URLs exhibiting the problem.
Closed Thread