Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-08-2015, 11:40 AM   #16
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Issybird, you don't need to apologize to Harry. After all, he is British and they can't even drive on the proper side of the road. I lived there for four years and could not convince them to move over. And don't get me started on how they speak English.

Mind you, in spite of what you hear, the weather is better than I expected. We had great Summers there. Why, one year I remember it was on a Tuesday!

LOL
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 03:27 AM   #17
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einnorottos89 View Post
Try giving the Sword Of Truth series by Terry Goodkind a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickloraine View Post
Oh, and don't read Goodkind
I don't think I've read any of Goodkind's books. But since the Sword of Truth series is on special offer in the UK today, I'd love to hear what's good and bad about them.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2016, 03:44 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I enjoyed them myself, although they're certainly not to everybody's taste. They do contain rather graphic descriptions of torture and violence in places. Nonetheless, it's an excellent fantasy series, to my mind.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:16 AM   #19
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I read WIzard's First Rule back when it first came out in hardback. For some reason, it never really grabbed me and I didn't bother getting the rest. I can't really tell you why. Obviously, a lot of people liked the series.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:52 AM   #20
vsalvaggio
Zealot
vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
I enjoyed the first few books very much and would highly recommend them.
Starting about book 6 I didn't like where the story was heading. I haven't read the last 4 books (12-15).
vsalvaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2016, 11:04 AM   #21
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I think I shall pass. I do still have 760 bought and unread ebooks in my TBR pile.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:45 AM   #22
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
If you do decide to try them I would start with ONLY the first book which can be read as a stand-alone, it wraps up most of the plots that are started. I enjoyed it and read several others but they do get very preachy and repetitive at times. The first book didn't have that issue that I remember.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:34 PM   #23
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
Yeah, the big problems with Goodkind are his later books. The first few are quite good, but then it turns into just him preaching his very obscure "philosophy". The last few books are only repeating the same thought over and over and over. You could reduce a 500 pages book down to 50, if you would just cut out Richards monologs.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote