Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Verso Clip Light for Kobo

Not sure if anybody's mentioned this, I couldn't find anything.

I just want to give a warning to anybody that wants to buy a Verso light for their Kobo that if you have a GelaSkin on your reader you should put something soft between the clip and your reader.

I have a GelaSkin on my Kobo and the clip has put a bunch of dents and small gouges into my GelaSkin. It doesn't look too good. It's a great light though, for anybody that needs one
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
Panda988
Panda988 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
Do you happen to know if it scratches the Kobo if it doesn't have the GelaSkin on?

TIA,
Amanda
Panda988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda988 View Post
Do you happen to know if it scratches the Kobo if it doesn't have the GelaSkin on?

TIA,
Amanda
No, I haven't taken my GelaSkin off yet. Sorry
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:16 PM   #4
dos
Enthusiast
dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo
Just popping in here to say I just got a Verso clip light from Borders and love it. Totaly worth it. I don't have a skin on my Kobo or anything though.

EDIT; No, it doesn't harm the Kobo without a skin, the clip has a nice soft clear plastic material that's easy on the Kobo's plastic.
dos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
pmwt
Enthusiast
pmwt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo HD
I saw this clip light recently at Chapters and it looks useful even for my Bookeen ereader. I was not sure how bright it is in the dark and would there be any glare/reflection of the led from the screen. I would probably use this in a plane so as not to disturb fellow passengers. Would this work in such environment. It was hard to test that in the brightly lit store. Also it advertises that each battery is good for 20 hours. Is this true?

thanks
pmwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #6
Ghoda
Enthusiast
Ghoda is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo, Kobo for iPhone, Aluratek Libre
I picked up a Verso clip for my Kobo a couple of days ago (turns out reading in bed at 1am with all the lights on makes for a grumpy wife the next day - who knew? ). The gripper part of the clip has two rubber pads on it preventing any plastic on the clip from contacting the Kobo. I could not see any marks or scratches left from the clip on the Kobo the next day.

The light is OK to read by, the glare is nonexistant unless you position the light directly between your line of sight and the screen. It's no bed lamp, to be sure, but it does the job well and doesn't bother your beautiful wife while she's trying to sleep
Ghoda is offline   Reply With Quote