Notices

Old 07-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #16
jcates18
jcates18 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
No Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by suecsi View Post
thanks JCates - my Kindle DXi got completely frozen today and there was a moment of panic .....

You are welcome, but there is no thank you needed, I am glad I was just able to help.

J Cates
jcates18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #17
jcates18
jcates18 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
From mt first post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboss View Post
Yep, not bad for a first post.
I am just glad I was able to help..
jcates18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #18
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcates18 View Post
If you find yourself lost with the KindleDX (like losing your password and cannot access your KindleDX at all) try wiping it to the factory default. Just like you got it when you bought it from the store, but before doing so always make sure you backup your books and files before resetting it to the factory default settings. To reset and completely wipe your Kindle 2nd DX, you must do the following:

1. Slide the power button over to the right for 15 seconds,
2. let go of the power button,
3. Immediately press and hold down the "Home" button until it restarts.
Gosh, thankyou. I needed to do a factory reset and wasnt able to access the settings page. This seemed to have done the trick! And I have a K3!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #19
susie123
susie123 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
me kindle3 crashed

I tried sliding on/off switch for 15 seconds THREE times & it worked.
I would've not known if I hadn't read your note3s so cheers mate & all the best for 2011.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:40 AM   #20
Chromenut
Chromenut is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2

So happy I found this place! I have a new Kindle 2, about a month old, similar as to the OP. Just today was reading on it, turned it off, went to bed, decided to read a little more, noticed the green power LED was on. Hmmm... turning it on or off did nothing, only displayed the same screen all the time. Found this place...rest is history.

Followed your instructions for the K2, held the switch for 20 seconds, but got excited when the LED went off and touched it again!!! Don't do that!

Went back, held the switch for 20 seconds, LED went out, laid it down and within a minute it was rebooting. Took it longer than normal, waited until it was complete, tested both on and off and works fine. Plugged into the puter, fully charged so wasn't battery related.

Seems to be functioning fine now, but glad I read here before I tried taking it apart! Great forums!!!!
Chromenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 11:41 PM   #21
1plus19
1plus19 began at the beginning.

Device: kindow
Depending on what kindle you have i think you have different options of resetting the device. http://www.freerepairguide.com/kindl...et-kindle.html
1plus19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #22
Fionap
Fionap began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I think I need to reset my Kindle

Today my 1 month old Kindle 4 decided not to turn on. I've tried hitting the power key and I've tried plugging it into the computer in case there was no charge - although I'd charged it very recently. When I press the power key I get nothing - same with the computer - it is like it has seized. I've been told that I might need to reset it to factory settings however not sure which button/s to press. Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.
Fionap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #23
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fionap View Post
Today my 1 month old Kindle 4 decided not to turn on. I've tried hitting the power key and I've tried plugging it into the computer in case there was no charge - although I'd charged it very recently.
Do you have a wall charger? If so, use that and charge it for at least 4 hours.

If you don't have a wall charger, use the USB, and charge it for 6 hours. Make sure your computer does not go to sleep, or the Kindle may discharge.

After that, hold down the power/sleep switch until the Kindle restarts (could take 30 seconds or so....)
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:26 AM   #24
Gala Choo
Gala Choo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle D00701, D00511, D00111
Smile Thank you for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcates18 View Post
If you find yourself lost with the KindleDX (like losing your password and cannot access your KindleDX at all) try wiping it to the factory default. Just like you got it when you bought it from the store, but before doing so always make sure you backup your books and files before resetting it to the factory default settings. To reset and completely wipe your Kindle 2nd DX, you must do the following:

1. Slide the power button over to the right for 15 seconds,
2. let go of the power button,
3. Immediately press and hold down the "Home" button until it restarts.
4. If that does not work, try the following (only after you do the above first)
5. Type in the password request area the following: (all lower case and no spaces and without quotation marks) "resettofactorysettings"
6. if it does not work the first time try again until it takes it..
7. And there you have it a clean factory KindleDX.

At least this is what they told me to do when my password would not work.

Just a little thing to help anyone who loses or forgets their password.

JC (This is my first post and I hope it helps in lost passwords, frozen kindle's, or strange acting problems like yours above) (If I am wrong, tell me but don't burn me... I am a man and I can admit when I am wrong... But if I post items for technical support, it came from Amazon Kindle 2nd DX technical support..))
Thank you for your help! It works!!!
Gala Choo is offline   Reply With Quote