Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
szakika
szakika began at the beginning.

Device: PB902
PB902 - unable to install new text-to-speech language

Hello,

I'm trying to install a Hungarian text-to-speech language on my pocket reader but I can't make it work. I've been following the steps below.

I copied the Hungarian pbi file into the root directory. I looked it up in the library but when I click on it I got an error message saying 'Cannot start program.'

I've read in the upgrade manual that at most four languages can be installed at a time and my pocket reader already has four. I tried to remove one in the Maintenance / Removing Packages menu but nothing happens when I click on that.

Any kind of help would be much appreciated.
szakika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
marty63
Enthusiast
marty63 doesn't littermarty63 doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook Pro 902
Problem

Yes, this is problem with euro version firmware 2.03. Maybe solved in 2.04.
marty63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Yes, solved in Euro version 2.0.4. I had the same problem and have now access again to the Maintenance/Removing Packages menu. But I haven't tried out yet to install another language.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Yes, solved in Euro version 2.0.4. I had the same problem and have now access again to the Maintenance/Removing Packages menu. But I haven't tried out yet to install another language.
Should work now
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, language, pb902, text-to-speech