Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Does your Sony Reader have a memory expansion card?
Yes, and I use it. 55 61.80%
Yes, and I haven't needed it yet. 11 12.36%
No. 20 22.47%
I just like answering poll questions. 3 3.37%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2007, 06:27 AM   #31
Crono
Crono began at the beginning.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies! I decided right after I posted this to just leave the thing and come back in an hour. Sure enough it loaded. But here comes another issue. I pick a book from the list and then it begins to "format" the book. Cool with me, I just wait a few more minutes. However when I select begin in the menu the whole device just freezes there. Am I doing something wrong? It's just an rtf. I'm using a memory stick pro card if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

-C
Crono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:46 AM   #32
Crono
Crono began at the beginning.

Replying to my own reply. Instead of rtf's I tried txt's instead and it seems to work. The only downside it seems to reading of the memory stick rather than internal memory is the slight delay when the book loads (formats) and changes the text size. This looks to happen only initially so I'm assuming that this explains the cache file created on the memory stick? Does the eConnect software automatically formats to reduce that delay? These are just questions out of curiosity. I'm not griping.

Thanks,

C
Crono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2007, 08:16 AM   #33
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Did you have Word on your computer when you installed the Connect Software? Apparently it is necessary to have it there to deal with .rtf . If you installed Word afterwards, logically you'd have to reinstall Consoft.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:41 AM   #34
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
It's not necessary to have Word to handle RTFs. It is only required for conversion from .doc files.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:56 AM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
Did you have Word on your computer when you installed the Connect Software? Apparently it is necessary to have it there to deal with .rtf . If you installed Word afterwards, logically you'd have to reinstall Consoft.
No, that's not the case. "Word" is only used if you try to drag a "DOC" file into Connect - Connect will try to run "Word" to convert it from DOC to RTF. Word is most definitely not needed for RTF files.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2007, 10:23 AM   #36
SciFiReader
GadgetReader
SciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Sony Reader
Yes. Use it for music files
SciFiReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:08 AM   #37
fozza
fozza began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
Hi there.

Where do you get you jpeg comics?

Cheers

Fozza
fozza is offline   Reply With Quote