hale98 began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to copy epub books to my ipad?

hale98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:29 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hi hale98, welcome to MobileRead!

I'm afraid you've asked your question in the wrong place. We have a special subforum for Apple devices here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=170
and I am sure the people there will help you loading epub books to your iPad.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2013, 04:23 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Moderator Notice
Moved from the ePub books forum
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
If you want to add books to iBooks, you can use calibre by following these instructions in the Devices subforum.

If you simply have some epubs you want send to iBooks, you can just use iTunes. With a connected iDevice, open iTunes. In the View menu, click 'Show Sidebar'. Drag your epubs to your device in the Sidebar window.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 02-26-2013 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Clarified that instructions for sending to iBooks
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #5
hrosvit
Moron
hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Galaxy Note 2, Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by hale98 View Post
If you'd prefer to avoid using iTunes (which I do, whenever possible), you can simply email them to yourself. Then just open the attachment in iBooks or whatever reader app you use (I prefer Marvin, myself). Or, open a free DropBox account and download the DropBox app. Place your epubs into DropBox on your computer. Once in the iPad app, simply choose to open the files in whatever reader app you use.

Last edited by hrosvit; 02-26-2013 at 09:38 AM.
hrosvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Question... Are you using Bluefire Reader, Marvin, or iBooks?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Question... Are you using Bluefire Reader, Marvin, or iBooks?
Or any of a dozen other apps. Many apps have different methods of downloading their eBooks.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #8
rayrex
rayrex began at the beginning.

Device: none
To copy ePub books to iPad via iTunes:
1) Make sure you have install iTunes. If not, you can free download the latest iTunes at first. And launch the iTunes.
2) Connect iPad to Mac via USB.
3) Choose “File - > Add File to Library…”.
4) Drag the converted .mp4 file you want to the iPad icon.
rayrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Lightbulb

Like hrosvit, I recommend completely avoiding iTunes. (iTunes is no longer needed for anything at all in 2013, in relation to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.)

My preferred method for accessing EPUB books on the iPad and iPhone is loading them via Dropbox or SugarSync. Emailing the EPUB file to yourself works great, too.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
There's an iTunes app called "FileBrowser" (by Stratospherix Ltd) which lets you put files on your iPad by wifi. I've got it on my iPad, connect to my epub library on my hard drive, select the files I want and copy them over to the iPad.

It even asks you what to do in case if find duplicates. That way you save time by not re-copying files you already have.

When inside File Browser, I find the file I want, click on the button to the right of it and the program will ask me what App I want to open the file in. It will list all the Apps I have that will open an Epub file, and some it won't. (For example, it offers to open the file in Pages, which won't recognize Epubs.) So you may have a bit of a trial and error, but then just chose the one you know will open it.

I have all my epub files on my iPad with this program. Love it.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #11
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
There's an iTunes app called "FileBrowser" (by Stratospherix Ltd) which lets you put files on your iPad by wifi....I have all my epub files on my iPad with this program. Love it.
FileBrowser is one of the most useful apps I own. Access to all your shared folders without the need for a helper app running on the PC. I use it a lot! 👍
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #12
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
The best part of FileBrowser it that it also gets files via Wifi to and from a Network Attached Storage. (NAS)
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote