Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #481
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I don't know, you start making it too easy for "those who come behind" and eventually they won't know what the > next to the little page numbers means...
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #482
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryhte View Post
OP, since this thread became so long, would you mind editing your first post with what was the problem and how it was or wasn't solved?
Sure. Be warned that it will be as *I* understand it to be.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2013, 04:21 AM   #483
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
Don't worry - we're always here to tell you how you got it wrong!

Seriously, I think a mention of the fact that some covers cause the problem is worth mentioning.

Last edited by Peakcrew; 04-20-2013 at 04:25 AM.
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #484
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
Don't worry - we're always here to tell you how you got it wrong!

Seriously, I think a mention of the fact that some covers cause the problem is worth mentioning.
Excellent point.
Done.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:44 AM   #485
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Of course. It just doesn't have anything to do with sideloaded epubs
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2013, 06:16 AM   #486
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryhte View Post
Of course. It just doesn't have anything to do with sideloaded epubs
Now that is an example of word-blindness! I'd got so used to the thread that I hadn't looked at the title for ages! Well spotted ...
Old 04-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #487
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Hello again peoples! So fun to be briefly back

Good idea to change the first post of this thread Dryhte, and good job doing so VelvetElvis! Might it be an idea to request the thread title be changed as well?

So, in my absence, Kobo decided to bring out two updates and even a completely new reader! Gah. How rude. I don't want to know anything about that Aura thing. Shh.

Have the new updates brought us any fixes for the battery draining when screen is touched too soon during sleep/off?
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #488
VelvetElvis
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post

Good idea to change the first post of this thread Dryhte, and good job doing so VelvetElvis! Might it be an idea to request the thread title be changed as well?

So, in my absence, Kobo decided to bring out two updates and even a completely new reader! Gah. How rude. I don't want to know anything about that Aura thing. Shh.

Have the new updates brought us any fixes for the battery draining when screen is touched too soon during sleep/off?
I would also love to hear from other who were having battery issues, as to whether or not it's been addressed. Sameer has gone underground, it seems. My GF's device seems to be OK so far, but the cover surgery I did seemed to mitigate the immediate problem.

I'd love to change the title of this thread, but can't seem to figure out how.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #489
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
I'd love to change the title of this thread, but can't seem to figure out how.
You can PM one of the moderators I think. Or, though I'm not sure if this function is also for title change, you could hit the "!" icon next to the "karma" button of your original post and ask for a title change and report it from the next screen.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #490
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:

Welcome back! It has been quiet without you

I hadn't noticed that there had been any updates. I'll attach my Touch to the computer and get the latest update and then run the tests again. I'm not reading it much at the moment (going through my dead-tree editions of Iain Banks' books), so it won't hurt anything.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #491
VelvetElvis
Addict

Quote:
You can PM one of the moderators I think. Or, though I'm not sure if this function is also for title change, you could hit the "!" icon next to the "karma" button of your original post and ask for a title change and report it from the next screen.
well I gave the "!" a shot and asked for a thread rename. We'll see how it goes.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #492
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I would also love to hear from other who were having battery issues, as to whether or not it's been addressed. Sameer has gone underground, it seems. My GF's device seems to be OK so far, but the cover surgery I did seemed to mitigate the immediate problem.
Elsewhere, Kobo people have stated that no changes specific to this problem were in 2.5.0 or 2.5.1. But it is one of the important things for the next release. Though it ended with "hope we can get his done".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #493
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Well, I'm confident, as long as they're so sure...
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:50 AM   #494
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Elsewhere, Kobo people have stated that no changes specific to this problem were in 2.5.0 or 2.5.1. But it is one of the important things for the next release. Though it ended with "hope we can get his done".
Hi, David. Where did you read that?
Old 04-29-2013, 06:26 AM   #495
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
Hi, David. Where did you read that?
I could tell you, but then ...

It was a reply in the beta group.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote