Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-28-2012, 01:20 AM   #1
Calyr Elf
Calyr Elf began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
How to change default text editor

Hello, I'm new and I apologize if I'm not familiar with everything yet, but I'm hoping someone will tolerate a newbie question.

After I installed Sigil, suddenly, it became my default text editor and all of my text files had the Sigil icon. I don't want this; I want Notepad plus plus to be my default text editor. The only thing I seem to be able to do is load my text files in Sigil, and then copy and paste them into Notepad plus plus. That's so annoying. How can I change that without uninstalling Sigil? I love Sigil in many ways, but I feel like it has taken over my entire computer. What did I do wrong?

Any help is appreciated. Calyr
Calyr Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:05 AM   #2
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Try this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=146606
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
Calyr Elf

Thanks for your reply.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
Calyr Elf

I uninstalled Sigil and then reinstalled it, unchecking the text file box. Now, it's a dream. Love it. Thanks again for your help; it was just what I needed. Now, Sigil is perfect.