Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
pitfall of having news on the reader

I just downloaded the newer version of libprs500 and installed it on my machine. To my surprise there's now The Economist and NY Times Book Reviews to download. So of course I downloaded the data and put it onto my reader. I opened The Economist and saw an article that I really wanted to read. Unfortunately the pitfalls of electronic data is that sometimes all the data doesn't come down and you're left with a blank screen when you want to read the article, such as what I ran into. Bummer. I'll try deleting The Economist off my reader and redownload the data and put it back and see if that helps. It's just a little disappointing not being able to read the story right away. I even checked their website and the story doesn't even exist.
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You should also know that the economist articles are abstracts, not the full articles, as I don't have an economist subscription so can't develop the code for the full articles.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #3
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
Ah, that explains it. Thank you for your program and your continued development!
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote