Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 03:22 AM   #706
seabream
Enthusiast
seabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1, RIM Playbook & Z10, Samsung Note, MacOSX
@JimmXinu - No problem. You replaced them even before I saw them. Sorry about these results. They're probably not what you were hoping for.

- with_ex_noshortcut.zip
- no_ex_noshortcut_zip
- noshortcutname.zip
Old 07-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #707
seabream
Enthusiast
seabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheese

@JimmXinu - Unlikely question: Would there be anything related to Java that could be affecting this? Because I just installed Java updates 1 (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5045) and 4 (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5319), (and DroboDashboard 2.2.1, but that really shouldn't have anything to do with it) and restarted the computer as required, and now FFDL 1.6.0 is actually stable for the moment. Even some things that never worked properly are running. I'll try more stuff with it and still be using it of course, so fingers crossed to see whether it lasts.
Advert
Old 07-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #708
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabream View Post
@JimmXinu - Unlikely question: Would there be anything related to Java that could be affecting this? Because I just installed Java updates 1 (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5045) and 4 (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5319), (and DroboDashboard 2.2.1, but that really shouldn't have anything to do with it) and restarted the computer as required, and now FFDL 1.6.0 is actually stable for the moment. Even some things that never worked properly are running. I'll try more stuff with it and still be using it of course, so fingers crossed to see whether it lasts.
If you'd asked me out of the blue, I'd have said no. Calibre is written in Python, not Java. And calibre uses it's own version of Python (on Win and I assume Mac; Linux uses the installled version). But there is evidence of Java causing calibre problems before. Something to do with updating the underlying Qt widget system, perhaps?

If the stock version is working for you now, I'm thrilled. Puzzled, but thrilled.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 07-31-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #709
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauberlehrling! View Post
Code:
HTTP Error 502: Proxy Error (The parameter is incorrect.)
Therefore I assume that it doesn't have anything to do with our internal Proxy. Maybe someone could have a look? Thanks.
@Zauberlehrling -- I remembered about
this post that says fanfiktion.de only requires the login during certain hours. It may still work for you during the non-login hours.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #710
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test version:
  • 'fix' for ancient ffnet stories with poor html (for trianglekitty)
  • 'New Only' options for all standard and custom column updates (for trianglekitty and seabream)
  • Update options and tooltips a bit.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 08-01-2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Advert
Old 07-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #711
trianglekitty
Enthusiast
trianglekitty began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New Test version:
  • 'New Only' options for all standard and custom column updates (for trianglekitty and seabream)

I think it's brilliant, as usual.

I redownloaded the stories with issues and all came through fine. I think in my case because some of my fandoms are very old, this fix will make a big difference.

I played with the 'new only' options and had no issues...the new stories downloaded the metadata and the old did not. I checked to make sure it doesn't matter what option is chosen for the updating (update only with new chapters vs. overwrite always, etc.) out of curiosity if a story would be considered 'new' if it was overwritten after being downloaded, but that's not the case. As always, fantastic, speedy work!
Old 07-31-2012, 11:46 PM   #712
seabream
Enthusiast

@JimmXinu - The 'New Only' function works beautifully.

Quote:
If you'd asked me out of the blue, I'd have said no. Calibre is written in Python, not Java. And calibre uses it's own version of Python (on Win and I assume Mac; Linux uses the installled version). But there is evidence of Java causing calibre problems before. Something to do with updating the underlying Qt widget system, perhaps?

If the stock version is working for you now, I'm thrilled. Puzzled, but thrilled.
In the first SIGSEGV help thread, which was also a Mac issue, Kovid said that it uses a private Python, so presumably that's confirmation for that. I'm almost relieved that someone else had a Java issue too because it seems so peculiar that it would have an effect. Software. So many parts.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:52 PM   #713
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@seabream - I'm glad it's working for you, because I was out of ideas at that point. Very, very weird. I'm going to consider it closed now.

If you want to post over on the Help diagnosing SIGSEGV issue thread what updates you installed that made it go away, it may help someone else in future.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:00 AM   #714
seabream
Enthusiast

@JimmXinu - Done!

@trianglekitty - Thanks for making the suggestion about metadata update configurability. The functionality is going to save me a bunch of work. I'm a lot more shy about making feature requests than bug reports, so I don't know when, if ever I would have asked.

Last edited by seabream; 08-01-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #715
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New Test version:

Thank you very-very much. I found it annoying that FFDL overwrote the date column every time I updated a story. This feature is a godsend. Thanks.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #716
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.6.1 - 01 Aug 2012

Remove extra html body from ancient ffnet chapters.
Add 'newonly' feature for standard and custom columns in plugin.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #717
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.6.2 - 01 Aug 2012
Fix for fanfiction.net to prevent genre(s) appearing as a character on certain stories.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #718
djrm
Enthusiast
djrm began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4, iPhone 6s
Hello. First, let me say I love this plugin. The new only feature you just added is absolutely awesome.

I wanted to report a problem with downloading stories from Near Her Always (http://nha.magical-worlds.us/index.php). It looks like it's only downloading the 1st 9 chapters of a story. Here are a couple of examples:

http://nha.magical-worlds.us/viewstory.php?sid=5246 - downloaded 9 out of 12 chapters
http://www.nha.magical-worlds.us/viewstory.php?sid=6886 - downloaded 9 out of 36 chapters.

Thanks again!

DJRM
Old 08-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #719
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

That one's pretty easy to figure out. Attached is a fixed version. (I hate to put out a second new version in a day for a one character fix.)

Last edited by JimmXinu; 08-27-2012 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 08-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #720
djrm
Enthusiast
djrm began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4, iPhone 6s
Wow, thanks!
Closed Thread