Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #466
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
Hm, this one is tricky. I vowed to myself not to buy any ebooks for money until 7/1. I did some beta reading for a self-pubbed author and she gave me a gift card so I can buy her book and also some others as a sort of quid pro quo. Would it be evil of me to buy some books now including hers or should I wait until 7/1? TRICKY!
*nudge* *nudge* *nudge*
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:11 PM   #467
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
*nudge* *nudge* *nudge*
Evil!
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #468
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
I'm still going strong. 35 days and counting. The most amazing thing happened though, since I stopped buying books I've won a couple of competitions with book giveaways and a publisher started sending me review copies.

I guess that's the universe's way of ensuring that I keep getting books!
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #469
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I'm still going strong. 35 days and counting. The most amazing thing happened though, since I stopped buying books I've won a couple of competitions with book giveaways and a publisher started sending me review copies.

I guess that's the universe's way of ensuring that I keep getting books!
The gods want you to have books! The universe is going out of its way, reversing entropy and violating several laws of thermodynamics, to send books your way! How can you fight it? You're meant to continue acquiring books! Become one with the universe and buy those books!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #470
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
The gods want you to have books! The universe is going out of its way, reversing entropy and violating several laws of thermodynamics, to send books your way! How can you fight it? You're meant to continue acquiring books! Become one with the universe and buy those books!
Not falling for that one. Now I might just mess up this excellent karma thing I've got going if I actually DO buy something. Extra incentive not to, and see how long it lasts.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #471
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
*nudge* *nudge* *nudge*
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #472
journey711
Enthusiast
journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle 2, Sony PRS350
Okay, I have been lurking on this thread. The reason is that I quit smoking 3 years ago, and recently I have been having that "itch" that I used to get when cigs weren't within my reach. Okay, what is this?? Then I sat at the computer one day and started checking out the free and under 5.00 books and bought one,then two, then exhaled .... OMG that is soooo satisfying!! So, no crack cocaine for me, no more cigarettes, as long as there are books to buy my fix is right here.
Thanks for letting me get it all out!!
journey711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #473
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Loretta Chase's new book is out tomorrow! *whine*
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #474
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Dear Brat,

I am so glad for your company here on the thread as I am in dire need of a friend. I bought two ebooks ($2.99 and $4.58) today and f**ed up my stats. It is now 45 ebooks bought till August 2010 and only 25 of those read.

I fight to read some more until Friday but defeat is near in the release of two books of series I have been following.

Do I have to expose myself to sun now, to erease my worthless Batcarcass from the face of the earth?

Bette the Bat (Friend of Lucifer's Brat)
Dear Bat,

As always, I am here for you. You may take comfort in the fact that I, myself, will be falling off the wagon any day now. I'm reading Hounded, the first book in the Iron Druid Chronicles. I assure you that upon finishing it, I will be purchasing the next book.

Please don't throw yourself on the mercy of the blazing sun. I need you. We need each other if we are to succeed. What say we merely walk behind the wagon for a while until we feel like getting back on? That's not so bad, right?

Cheer up, friend. It will be okay.

Your infernal friend,
Le Brat (friend of Lucifer's Bat)
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #475
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by journey711 View Post
Okay, I have been lurking on this thread. The reason is that I quit smoking 3 years ago, and recently I have been having that "itch" that I used to get when cigs weren't within my reach. Okay, what is this?? Then I sat at the computer one day and started checking out the free and under 5.00 books and bought one,then two, then exhaled .... OMG that is soooo satisfying!! So, no crack cocaine for me, no more cigarettes, as long as there are books to buy my fix is right here.
Thanks for letting me get it all out!!
Welcome to the group AND for inspiring this week's book buying motto:

EBOOKS! CHEAPER THAN COCAINE!
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #476
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Thought
Did you read why top posting is a fail? I guess not. If you cared about people trying to read your top posting, you'd stop top posting and post like everyone else. It's much harder (overall) to read. It means having to shift back and forth multiple times when doing it correctly is very easy to read.

Your top post gets read sort of until the reader sees the quote. Then they have to shift to read the quote and then shift back to read your post. So that means a lot of needless eye shifting going on. That is not good for some who have reading trouble.

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-27-2011 at 05:38 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #477
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So how many here are going to break down and buy all SEVEN Harry Potter eBooks when they come out in October?
Old 06-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #478
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
If I bought them on someone else's computer, used their CC and paid them back cash or even better make them buy the books for me.. then I technically wouldn't have bought books, or would I?
For shame. Using twisted logic to justify not having bought eBooks when for sure you really did.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #479
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The one good thing about buying eBooks is they don't give you the munchies.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #480
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:

See and hear evil

Speak and hear evil

See and speak evil