Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 06-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #16
mikegetz
Professional Nerd
mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook WiFI, KOBO, Pandigital Novel Personal
Quote:
Originally Posted by klu529 View Post
Actually, the units come with android so you can install the Kindle app and read all your Kindle books. You can also side load AZN files you may have downloaded, or convert other formats to MOBI format which the Kindle app can also read.
i was referring to the 6", sipex touchscreen model specifically. they run a very stripped down Ubuntu-based linux kernel.
mikegetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #17
jleliekelly
i'm getting there.
jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-600, MOTOROLA PHOTON & Toshiba Thrive
I have the 7" white running 2.0- I can't run kindle app cause the newest update from Amazon on kindle app made it so the apk runs on 2.2 or higher, so if anyone updates the PDN -find the apk for the kindle app that runs 1.6 or higher and please if you do throw it my way! Cause I'm willing to try to see if that will work.

Last edited by jleliekelly; 07-05-2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: missed a word
jleliekelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #18
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleliekelly View Post
kindle app that runs 1.6 or higher and please if you do throw it my way! Cause I'm willing to try to see if that will work.
Many versions available here http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/kindle
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #19
jleliekelly
i'm getting there.
jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@nrapallo, older version works great. Thank you for all your help...I called pandigital the other day for cs purpose and found them rude and not much help....has anyone found similar situations with them?
Old 07-08-2011, 07:26 AM   #20
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleliekelly View Post
@nrapallo, older version works great. Thank you for all your help...
You're welcome... This community and others like this are usually quite helpful, in general. They are frequented by "resource rich" minds...

Quote:
I called pandigital the other day for cs purpose and found them rude and not much help....has anyone found similar situations with them?
No direct experience with customer support, but the support offered by the community at www.slatedroid.com is FANTASTIC. Read all about your pandigital novel in their wiki here.

I chose to hack my white pandigital novel (WPDN) to install the Alternate White PDN firmware: Stock-based framework with Market and used this webpage as my guide.

I really like having an eclair v2.1 android tablet along with the stock pdreader which allows DRM'ed .epub and .pdf ebooks to be read as well as non-DRM'ed ebooks! It's page rendition software is very good, follows footnote and hyperlinks using the touchscreen (be prepared to press a bit harder than usual), and even has a Night mode! Full page pdf ebooks are quite readible and even can be viewed in reflow mode when the font size is changed!

For my android reading apps, the one I prefer by far is the Nook for Android app, especially in two-page landscape mode. It's a bit surreal looking at a 7" screen that has two mini-pages on it when in that two-page landscape mode. (I previously wanted a Sony PRS-950 solely for that feature, but alas, that device is not available for sale in Canada and I didn't want the hassles of cross-border transactions). I'm very happy with this transformation (OK I'll say it -- HACKING) of the WPDN. The only con is that the stock pdreader uses a hard press swipe to change pages, but the Nook app only needs a hard tap! So at least I have choices....

Enjoy!

Last edited by nrapallo; 07-08-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: typo
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #21
jleliekelly
i'm getting there.

@nrapallo...hacking is such a harsh word...customize is what I prefer. Lol. I haven't played a lot with it lately. I have had rooted phones before but I have a special someone (who works for my carrier) who has returned to factory if necessary, this one Im scared to play with due to the back cover feels loose and the gift giver did not keep the receipt so I can not use the warranty to make sure it's not a defective model in the first place (hence the issue with CS), I'm just excited that I can run B&N and kindle being able to say "HA" to Amazon somehow makes my day better. Can't find the Sony reader app to add but will keep looking, already a member of slatedroid as we speak became one so am on a hunt.....love this forum more than any others I've been a member of though so slatedroid has pretty big shoes...lol