Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 08:20 AM   #661
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I have the same issue with short stories (which includes novelettes: 7,5000 to 17,500 words).
With my reading, I reckon that the omnibus editions make up for the novelettes.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #662
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I would be certainly interested in a 2012 challenge. Looks like I will fall short this year, probably get to 90 by the end of the year.

Had a lot of fun though and read some great ebooks. A lot of indie stuff as well.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #663
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
With my reading, I reckon that the omnibus editions make up for the novelettes.
True.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #664
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
For those also participating in our Goodreads challenge group, there's a new post you should check out:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...r-input-needed
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:18 AM   #665
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I can't even do something as simple as reading without being a nerd about it.
Give me anything and I'll overanalyze it into oblivion. A rough estimate for me is, time spent reading in 2011 = 360 hours. Time spent researching and deriving my 2012 reading list 1,489 hours.

I don't see any problem as long as I'm enjoying myself.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #666
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Give me anything and I'll overanalyze it into oblivion. A rough estimate for me is, time spent reading in 2011 = 360 hours. Time spent researching and deriving my 2012 reading list 1,489 hours.

I don't see any problem as long as I'm enjoying myself.
LOL A kindred spirit! Weren't you the one that analyzed the Book Club participation statistics? That was nice work.

Last night I decided that an Excel spreadsheet wasn't enough for my 2012 reading options. So I created an Access database too.

And yes, I enjoy myself too. Besides, I need to keep my MS Office skills sharp.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #667
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
LOL A kindred spirit! Weren't you the one that analyzed the Book Club participation statistics? That was nice work.

Last night I decided that an Excel spreadsheet wasn't enough for my 2012 reading options. So I created an Access database too.

I made a Google spreadsheet for mine. I like to be able to access it from anywhere.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #668
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

I refuse to answer that question as it may incriminate me.

I just keep adding more and more columns to my spreadsheet. Includes things like year first published, author's country, pages, genre, library location and call number (if I need to find a paper copy), number of titles I've already read by that author.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #669
RiverY
RiverY
RiverY shines like a glazed doughnut.RiverY shines like a glazed doughnut.RiverY shines like a glazed doughnut.RiverY shines like a glazed doughnut.RiverY shines like a glazed doughnut.RiverY shines like a glazed doughnut.RiverY shines like a glazed doughnut.RiverY shines like a glazed doughnut.RiverY shines like a glazed doughnut.RiverY shines like a glazed doughnut.RiverY shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindles, Sony, & nc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I made a Google spreadsheet for mine. I like to be able to access it from anywhere.
Oooh, Google spreadsheet. Great idea.

I'm in for 2012. I just did it on my own in 2011, never thinking I'd make it, but wanting the challenge. I surprised myself finishing up 140 so far.
RiverY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:07 AM   #670
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS505, Ipod touch, iPhone
I did a hundred book challenge a couple of years ago which was enjoyable so I'll probably participate.
I also was sent a lovely book journal from a friend but I never kept up with it. I wish I had now. Might restart that in 2012.
Traye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #671
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverY View Post
Oooh, Google spreadsheet. Great idea.

I'm in for 2012. I just did it on my own in 2011, never thinking I'd make it, but wanting the challenge. I surprised myself finishing up 140 so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traye View Post
I did a hundred book challenge a couple of years ago which was enjoyable so I'll probably participate.
I also was sent a lovely book journal from a friend but I never kept up with it. I wish I had now. Might restart that in 2012.
Very happy to hear you will be joining us!

I will be posting the Discussion and List threads in a couple of weeks.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #672
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Nyssa, I think it would be a good idea to put up the thread for people to start posting their challenges so we can get ready for 2012.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:10 AM   #673
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Nyssa, I think it would be a good idea to put up the thread for people to start posting their challenges so we can get ready for 2012.
I will Jon...and it will happen before the new year, just not quite yet.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #674
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I will Jon...and it will happen before the new year, just not quite yet.
But the closer to the holidays you make it, the less time people will have free to deal with it (IMHO).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #675
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

For those who belong to our Goodreads group (and those thinking about joining us), our name has changed to reflect our broader scope. We are now the MobileRead Book Challenges group.

Tags
a terminator production