Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 03-23-2009, 08:22 PM   #61
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Harry, I wanted to say thank you to you for putting together this wonderful book! I am pretty sure I read most of these as a kid, but I can't remember which ones I haven't, so I am reading them all again from the beginning. What a treat to have such a carefully formatted and beautifully presented ebook to enjoy on my Sony! Thanks so much.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:36 AM   #62
Penguin44
Penguin44 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Harry, thank you soooooo much. I have never read these before and I love them dearly now. Thanks for showing me some classics that I never would have read if it had not been for my 505.
Penguin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2009, 03:50 AM   #63
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
My pleasure. Enjoy!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #64
Flashingblade
Enthusiast
Flashingblade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Flashingblade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Flashingblade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505S
Wonderful - Thanks!
Flashingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #65
jcf
Enthusiast
jcf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Sage
Harry,

Thank you very much for this. I'm enjoying it very much. I've also downloaded your entire Dickens uploads.

I've noticed with this file though that most of the time, my PRS-505 somehow freezes when I change the font size. Small to medium is fine, but medium to large almost always freezes the 505. The freeze is not permanent, though. It lasts around 2 minutes.

I do not know what it is that causes this, but it is only with this file where I get this behaviour. I do not know if it has something to do with the filesize either but this is the biggest file in my 505. I also made sure that the 505's internal memory has lots of free space in it.

Can anyone with a 505 try changing the font size several times and see if they get the same bahaviour?

Thank you very much.

James
jcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2009, 03:01 AM   #66
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The first time that you select a new font size on the Sony there will be a delay while it repaginates the file for the new font size, but that should be a "one time" operation for each new font size.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #67
jcf
Enthusiast
jcf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Sage
Harry,

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The first time that you select a new font size on the Sony there will be a delay while it repaginates the file for the new font size, but that should be a "one time" operation for each new font size.
Yes, that's what I initially thought. However, it happens repeatedly. The first time, it takes a long time (~2mins) and then it eventually displays the large font. So I thought that subsequent toggling of font size should be quicker but that is not the case. I played with this several times, just to see if I can figure out what is causing it but the behaviour is a little weird because sometimes, it does switch fonts without any delay at all. But after that, there was even a time when it displayed the circular arrows and yet at another time, it rebooted the reader. The odd thing is that this behaviour happens only with this file.

In case it matters, please know that I also used the Sony software to load the file into my 505.

Thank you very much.

James
jcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:04 PM   #68
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I am through the novels now and excited to be getting onto the short stories. I did enjoy Valley of Fear but I was impatient to be done with the novels already

Thanks again for posting this, Harry!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #69
The CB
Enthusiast
The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS505
Wow! You are really an enthusiast :-) I downloaded Complete Sherlock Holmes. v8. Amazing so neat. Till now I saw nice formatting only in ebooks from Sony store, the rest of the books I was reading on my Sony were all over the place, I am too lazy to deal with formatting, but now I see how I was wrong. This is a holiday for my eyes and my brain. Thank you ....
The CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:32 AM   #70
sarcasigan
sarcasigan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition
is it possible to split the lrf book to multiple lrf books? i mean i want each novel and short stories as separate lrf files, is these possible.

Thank you
sarcasigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:24 AM   #71
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

You are welcome to do so yourself. Personally, I wanted an omnibus edition, and I created the book. If you don't like it, don't download it .
Old 01-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasigan View Post
is it possible to split the lrf book to multiple lrf books? i mean i want each novel and short stories as separate lrf files, is these possible.

Thank you
Use Calibre to convert it to ePub. Then edit the ePub to look how you want. Then make copies of this ePub and edit each one to make each story seperate. That will work to get each story separate. It may be a long process, but it's the best way to do it given that this version has had errors corrected so starting with the PG source is not going to give you as good a copy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:57 PM   #73
harpsichord
harpsichord began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
what you've done is amazing, thanks harry
harpsichord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #74
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Harry you get my vote as the next Prime Minister, Wonderful Job, Have you done an HG Wells Omnibus ?
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:50 AM   #75
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Major edit and re-arrangement of the book. All books within the omnibus are now presented in chronological order and, within the short story collections, the stories in "His Last Bow" and "The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes" have been re-arranged into publication order. Many illustrations have been re-scanned, and several missing ones added. "The Adventure of the Cardboard Box" has been restored from "His Last Bow" to its rightful place in "The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes" (it was omitted from the first English edition because it was felt to be too shocking at the time of original publication). At the same time, the introduction to "The Cardboard Box" which had been (badly) appended to the start of "The Resident Patient" has been removed, and the original Strand Magazine introduction restored. Many hundreds of errors have been corrected, and italics, missing accents, etc, restored. The formatting has been significantly improved (eg letters, newspaper quotes, etc, are now indented and in a smaller font). The result of all this is an immensely improved and much more error-free book.