Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Amazon starts giving $1 indie books top billing, a list

http://ireaderreview.com/2010/06/04/...illing-a-list/
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I was really intrigued by Ruth Francisco's Primal Wounds title ... it's 99¢ in the US but carried a $2.00 surcharge in Canada. It's a psychological thriller with a hook about adoption. I can't complain about a $3 price point -- cool! -- but it irks me the author gets a fraction of $3 I will pay.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
I was really intrigued by Ruth Francisco's Primal Wounds title ... it's 99¢ in the US but carried a $2.00 surcharge in Canada. It's a psychological thriller with a hook about adoption. I can't complain about a $3 price point -- cool! -- but it irks me the author gets a fraction of $3 I will pay.

Hopefully she'll increase her price to $2.99 soon and take advantage of Amazon's new 70/30 option for indie authors.
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:02 AM   #4
BVLarson
Author
BVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
Congratz Imogen on being one of the mentions! I'm seeing those $1 titles all the time when I log in, but I assumed that was because I so often click/buy such books. I'm a bit surprised the writer didn't seem to notice that a lot of the top 100 are Indies. Last time I counted it was 11 out of the first 100 were indies, especially mysteries and romance.
BVLarson is offline   Reply With Quote