Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #46
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
It is EXACTLY where the forum stands now. I, and many of us thought Happy_Terd had been banned, as he rightly should have been for a being a racist prick. But now he's back, and stirring up the pot again. So he was never banned for the horrible, evil things he said. That means the site and the owner and moderators of this site allow him to be here. Therefore it means this is no longer a community I want to be part of. A community where racist warmongers are allowed to flourish.

One of the main reasons I did come back under my assumed name after the last flourish was because I thought he and his little sidekick were gone. I was obviously wrong, and now Mobileread allows anybody to say anything they want (as long as it's not a criticism of sexual censorship, then you're in real trouble).You know what, f**k this site, and f**k you army men with your war game, nationalistic, racist bullshit attitudes. Enjoy this place, just hang a few runes on the outside and make sure nobody 'brown looking' gets in and you pissant little cowards who talk bullets instead of peace will all be right at home.

And to the moderators and owners of this site, shame on your for letting this racist prick still be a full member here. Shame.
oh reallllllly now???? I have been continuously censored... just look at everything about my sig line. just ask me about it in PMs. has nothing to do with sex. at all. or soldiers. or war. dare ya. ask me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
It is to those of us who served in the military.
Indeed!

DEEDS

NOT

WORDS

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 11-19-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #47
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
Enjoy this place, just hang a few runes on the outside and make sure nobody 'brown looking' gets in and you pissant little cowards who talk bullets instead of peace will all be right at home.
You do know I'm half black right??? Just like Obama.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:38 PM   #48
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
It is to those of us who served in the military.
I am sure that there are many, many people who served in the military who are capable of distinguishing between their personal identity and criticism of the policies and actions of the US government and military. There is this little thing called "objectivity."
Old 05-23-2010, 10:40 PM   #49
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
I don't see a reason to close this thread just now, and I'm posting this as myself, not as a mod.

Could everyone just please drop it and let this issue die? Please? No more politics, no more religion, no more hatred, no more flames. A clean slate. Please. No good is coming out of these discussions, no good can emerge from discussing over and over the same darned topics.

And in the name of all that's holy please remember that you can use the ignore function, and use it freely and merrily.

Thank you.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #50
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
I am sure that there are many, many people who served in the military who are capable of distinguishing between their personal identity and criticism of the policies and actions of the US government and military. There is this little thing called "objectivity."
DUTY

HONOR

COUNTRY

we can and DO question the policies and actions of our government. (it is after all the policy of the government that the military enforces). we also realize that we may be on a side that others do not like or appreciate. we also know that no matter what, we can go without our heads held high as we are performing the duties that so many others are incapable of performing.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #51
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Could everyone just please drop it and let this issue die? Please? No more politics, no more religion, no more hatred, no more flames.
That is what I came into the lounge to ask initially because someone came into an intro thread and started telling the new people I was greeting that I supported genocide. I made this thread here to ask them to stop and Ardeegee and dusty bottoms formed a lynch mob.

The insults are pretty much flying one way here...my way. I haven't used any bad language or started with the name calling like they have been. I did call someone a hypocrite though.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:15 AM   #52
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
That is what I came into the lounge to ask initially because someone came into an intro thread and started telling the new people I was greeting that I supported genocide.
That was me - and proud of it. I considered it a publice service to let people know the nature of the person they were talking to.

Quote:
I made this thread here to ask them to stop and Ardeegee and dusty bottoms formed a lynch mob.
Not sure that two people could be considered a 'mob' actually?

Quote:
The insults are pretty much flying one way here...my way. I haven't used any bad language or started with the name calling like they have been. I did call someone a hypocrite though.
Hmmm...I'll link to the thread that started all this then, here.

And a quote from you in that thread:

"I do not agree with killing for the sake of killing but I do agree with dropping the atomic bomb and killing the ENTIRE group of people to support our cause. If that makes me a racist then I guess I am. Fucking live with it.."

So your 'no bad language' comment is demonstrably untrue (not that bad language is the biggest concern with that kind of comment).

So, fom now, I shall do as others have suggested and put you on my ignore list. Don't think that a whiny apology means that this is forgotten though. People will read this thread and the original thread and make their own minds up about your bigoted, fascist opinions and hopefully will have the guts to treat you with the contempt you deserve.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:31 AM   #53
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
So your 'no bad language' comment is demonstrably untrue (not that bad language is the biggest concern with that kind of comment).
To me it was pretty clear H_T's 'bad language' comment was referring to posts made in this thread.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:19 AM   #54
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
To me it was pretty clear H_T's 'bad language' comment was referring to posts made in this thread.
Indeed. I was merely pointing out that his 'holier than thou' attitude is laughable when placed in context.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:30 AM   #55
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
From the guidelines:

Quote:
7. Political and Religious Topics

Past experience has shown that threads debating religious or political matters are unlikely to be edifying, and often become bad-tempered. Our mission is to support the mobile reading community. There are other sites which focus on contemporary political and religious discussions, so we strongly recommend that you debate these topics elsewhere.

MobileRead reserves the right to edit or delete posts about politics and religion, where these are unrelated to mobile reading.
Common guys. When we cannot leave ugly politics out of it, we have no choice but to close the thread. MobileRead aims to be friendly, not provoking. Let's stick to these aims.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 05-24-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
a happy_terd production