Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-12-2011, 03:21 AM   #1
panda6855
Enthusiast
panda6855 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
ePUB validates ok but still warns error!!!???

Validating my ePub, I get a tick on threepress but the following error message.
---
ERROR: OTL77x3E.epub/OEBPS/Text/Section0002.xhtml: file is over 300k in size.
Check finished with warnings or errors!
---
The book has 11 diagrams throughout which could be the issue, but then why the tick to say it's okay? Will it still be iBookstore acceptable?

Many thanks in advance for any help offered.
panda6855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:39 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Some portable readers have limitations on the size of files they accept, and will not work with larger files. But the message should have been a warning, not an error, since the specification says nothing about file sizes. As far as I know, the ePUB will work in most readers, except older Sonys.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:49 AM   #3
panda6855
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Some portable readers have limitations on the size of files they accept, and will not work with larger files. But the message should have been a warning, not an error, since the specification says nothing about file sizes. As far as I know, the ePUB will work in most readers, except older Sonys.
So I guess I should ignore this one then?

That second 'page' is the entire interior of the book because if I create chapter breaks (which would make each section an acceptable size file) it just starts aligning all headings left on the iPad instead of centred. (I've presented that issue - so far unsuccessfully - in another thread.) So in my experience, it's not possible to reduce the 'page' size for ePub validation without messing up the formatting on crucial pages such as the Title page at the beginning of the book.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by panda6855 View Post
So I guess I should ignore this one then?
As someone who uses one of the older Sonys in question, that wouldn't be what I'd recommend.

Where is the other thread in which this is discussed?
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
panda6855
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
That thread is https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1330453
The basic issue is that as soon as i create chapter breaks, the preceding pages align left instead of centred.
Thanks for help.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by panda6855 View Post
That second 'page' is the entire interior of the book because if I create chapter breaks (which would make each section an acceptable size file) it just starts aligning all headings left on the iPad instead of centred. (I've presented that issue - so far unsuccessfully - in another thread.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
I think the OP is referring to this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=113947

Edit: Oops! Heh... apologies for cross-posting. OP's reply wasn't there when I started typing this post!

Last edited by DMSmillie; 01-12-2011 at 06:17 PM.
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote