Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
pizda
Enthusiast
pizda began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, iPad
Antiglare filter selling in EU?

Greetings my friends! I have searched the web for antiglare film for my ipad, however I cannot find aynthing which is trully antiglare. Some of them were just screen protectors, protecting form scratches only. Others were just matte films- well it reduces glare but also reduces contrast.

Does anyone saw antiglare film ? Antiglare film is something which is shiny, do not reduce the light comming form the screen but reduces foregin light glareing on the screen. I am looking to buy it in EU ideally.

Hope someone here came to the solution
pizda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
pizda
Enthusiast

any experiences with XGear Antiglare for iPad?
Old 12-26-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
Mirrorlike
Connoisseur
Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad
Have you checked youtube?
Mirrorlike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:42 AM   #4
pizda
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorlike View Post
Have you checked youtube?
Yes, but did not find anything I do not want to waste 20 buks or more... to just buy worthless piece of plastics.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:41 AM   #5
nagus69
nagus69 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Moshi iVisor

Demo on YouTube

This is what i will (would?) be getting. Not sure on the iPad yet, original wanted to go for a Kindle but price/performance compared to the iPad doesn't make the Kindle DX look that good /derail out
nagus69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
pizda
Enthusiast

Interesting, but saw only marketing demo ... Please write a review when you buy it
Old 12-29-2010, 02:09 AM   #7
nagus69

Sent an email to support to check whether the ambient sensor would be covered but they confirmed that they took care of it. Another +.

Quote:
Thank you for your email. We have engineered a cut-out hole in iVisor AG for
the iPad's ambient light sensor that is 99% transparent. The light sensor
operates as normal and the iPad's performance is not affected.
If you check youtube, there is a video from a pc magazine who checked it out and also confirmed its usefulness+bubble free appliance.

Amazon (.de) has 14 reviews out of which 14 have a 5 star rating.

Not trying to convince you here, just saying
Old 12-29-2010, 09:42 AM   #8
januaryman
Used DTBs & iPad User
januaryman began at the beginning.

After looking on youtube at all anti-glare screen protectors and the battle to install without bubbles and dust problems I threw up my hands and went for the Moshi iVisor based on their own demo and one by a German guy who may just work for them as well. But the results really swayed me. I ordered direct from the company. When I signed on as a "member" they gave me 200 points that I converted into a $2 savings. So I paid $28, free shipping. More than I wanted to pay, so here's hoping it's as good as the demos.

Last edited by januaryman; 03-23-2011 at 09:04 AM.
januaryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:16 AM   #9
nagus69

Filter arrived today, bought from Amazon.de for 26 Euros.

Package, opening and applying is really 10/10 points. I had a bubble (remember its supposed to be 100% bubble free) and had to reapply it. Found out i had a dust particle under it. Removed it, 100% perfect.

Glare is filtered, not gone. Reading in direct sunlight (hard to test currently for obvious reasons ) might be easier now than before.

Usability of the iPad itself (touchscreen) is now better. My fingers slide easier over the surface.

However, after all these Pros there is of course a big minus - contrast and brightness of the colors is not gone, but due to the nature of the anti-glare beast reduced.

I will try and see if i can live with it or not.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #10
nagus69

Removed it and will send it back. Didnt lake long lol.

The vibrant colors are just not there anymore which gave the iPad a huge + in my book.

Will try something else.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:49 AM   #11
januaryman
Used DTBs & iPad User

I am using it and love it. Matte is matte and a certain loss of apparent sharpness must be expected. But I can read glare free on subways, trains and near windows now. The installation was a dream. I gave it 5 stars at Amazon, reviewed it there, and bought it direct from the manufacturer's site. My best accessory to date.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
l..k
Enthusiast
l..k began at the beginning.

Device: k3
Hi, anyone else uses Moshi iVisor ag? Looks really good on the advertisement. Unfortunately it is really hard to tell how much contrast it reduces. None of the videos out there on YouTube shows how readable the text is.

It's expensive, I keep wondering - buy it or not. Unfortunately none of the local shops offer me return options if not satisfied.
l..k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #13
januaryman
Used DTBs & iPad User

As I noted above, it is very good, a big improvement over the iPad reflective screen. Not sure what assurances you want, but it works fine for me. Overhead lighting and direct sunlight will still be a problem, but indirect light is not an issue. The mirror like properties of the straight ipad surface is a thing of the past now. I can no longer check if my hair is messy just by looking to the screen. (So there's that trade-off!)
Old 03-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #14
l..k
Enthusiast
l..k began at the beginning.

Device: k3
Yeah, I also cannot tell what assurances I need If anyone could have the knowledge would I be satisied or not

I already spent $40 for things I throwed away and now I am getting more and more cautious because it is getting ridiculous. If I will not stop I could spent twice the iPad price and still left unsatisfied with a toy I like and hate at the same time It's a pity none of my friends have this Moshi AG
l..k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #15
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
I bought the Power Support HD anti-glare film based on reviews and watching the videos. It went on surprisingly easy, just like in the video. Unlike a lot of films, it's not thin or flimsy at all; it's actually quite sturdy. I think this sturdy or stiffness is what made it so easy to put on. I'm very impressed with it. The colors look just as vibrant as without the film and, unlike many anti-glare filters, there isn't any moire on white backgrounds.

Here's a video showing it's anti glare comparison.

Last edited by SolRaven; 03-28-2011 at 12:04 AM.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote