Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 01:59 AM   #1
Dakwan
Dakwan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2 international
exporting a book list?

I was just wondering if there is a way to say pull a list of books out of the database in a way to be displayed in a text file?

Wondering because as i have a kindle i find it extremely clunky to navigate and often i'm looking for a book in a particular series where i can't remember the name which is fine with calibre's extremely handy series metadata entry but the kindle can't seem to search through that. I was thinking if i could just get a text file with a list of all my ebooks with all the metadata from calibre then i could simply look at the and find out that way

any suggestions?

thanks
Dakwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:52 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Running the calibredb command from a command window should allow you to do this. The calibredb command is documented here in the Calibre User Manaual.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert