Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #151
Authorfriendly
Psychologist and Author
Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
must read authors, mine

James Lee Burke
Elmore Leonard
Tom Robbins
Carl Hiassin
Charlotte Hughes
Lee Childs
John Irving
Authorfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #152
Marissacavalier
Marissacavalier began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color Tablet
Jodi Picoult!
Marissacavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #153
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist
hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo,kindle,supernova, playbook
i've been reading a lot of charles willeford lately, specifically his hoke moseley series... really really enjoying his books.
hard-boiled pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #154
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
In no particular order:
Leo Tolstoy
Fyodor Dostoevsky
Dan Brown
Paulo Coelho
Stephen King
Charles Dickens
Jane Austen
Alexandre Dumas
Harlan Coben
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #155
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I would say
Charlotte Bronte
Jane Austen
William Thackery

I love classics!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 12:20 AM   #156
Yvonne_Writes
Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony e-reader
Christopher Moore
Christopher Brookmyre
Christopher Buckley
Joe Keenan

All very funny.
Yvonne_Writes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #157
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne_Writes View Post
Christopher Moore
Christopher Brookmyre
Christopher Buckley
Joe Keenan

All very funny.
You just can't resist books by guys named Chris. I guess Joe just got lucky—or is his middle name Christopher? Wikipedia isn't saying.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #158
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne_Writes View Post
Christopher Moore
Christopher Brookmyre
Christopher Buckley
Joe Keenan

All very funny.
If you enjoy Christopher Brookmyre you may well like Colin Bateman. Quite similar style, only with an Irish flavour rather than a Scottish one. Both are two of my "must read" authors.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #159
gurion
gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2o
Jeffery Deaver
gurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #160
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I could add, without a specific name in mind, that controversial authors can be a must read from time to time.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #161
Yvonne_Writes
Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.Yvonne_Writes for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony e-reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
If you enjoy Christopher Brookmyre you may well like Colin Bateman. Quite similar style, only with an Irish flavour rather than a Scottish one. Both are two of my "must read" authors.
Oh yep, love Bateman too. Especially the Mystery Man series. "So's your face!"
Yvonne_Writes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #162
tleach
tleach began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo e-reader
James Patterson used to be my go-to author, but his books started to lose my interest. I especially disliked when he co-wrote with other folks.

But! Stephen King to the rescue, along with Dean Koontz, Sophie Kinsella, John Grisham, Harlan Coben and Jodi Picoult. I've also began dipping my toes into books by indie authors, and Chris Reher and DC Bourone are swiftly rising on my go-to authors list.
tleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #163
Echase
Connoisseur
Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Charles Bukowski, Hunter Thompson and Chuck Palahniuk. My heroes.
Echase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:57 AM   #164
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
GRMM of course, write like the wind, my desperation grows
I am also rediscovering a love for Stephen King. Not a great writer but a great story teller. All my once must reads are no more. I just lost interst in them and struggle to read them now, even Anne Rice was like hurry up get to the point woman, pure frustration now.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #165
miklizro
Enthusiast
miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 running Aldiko and Kindle and Kindle 3 keyboard
Thanks do Dresden Files, I went on a paranormal kick and found some authors I very much enjoy. But I have other loves too and in no particular order...
Jim Butcher
Robert B Parker
Clive Cussler
Elizabeth Peters
Kevin Hearne
Timothy Zahn
Tolkien
Jeanine Frost
Ilona Andrews
Jenna Black
Richard Kadrey
Bill Bryson
Patricia Briggs
JK Rowling (though I've no interest in the current one)
Robert Ludlum
Faith Hunter
James Patterson
Seanan McGuire
Brandon Mull
miklizro is offline   Reply With Quote