Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-09-2015, 11:43 PM   #8866
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
That was fun. The intro reminded me of The Ventures' cover.
Well, here they are:

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:48 AM   #8867
BretSingleton
Enthusiast
BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Listen to "The Voice" blind audition right now i found this singer is to awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNfevm-_Q_0

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 10-10-2015 at 10:03 AM.
BretSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2015, 01:37 AM   #8868
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Nothing right this minute. But I've been on a Linda Ronstadt kick for the last couple of months. Everything of hers from rock, through country rock, mexican folk songs, Maybelle in The Pirates of Penzance and three standards albums with Nelson Riddle. Only person since Beatles to have 2 songs in pop top 5 at the same time and only woman to ever do it. As of 10 years ago anyway. Anyway, by all reports a thoroughly nice person with a great big brain to go with that great big voice.

https://youtu.be/4s4_teISos0?list=PL...zXHrRKcPXIi7Tb

https://youtu.be/RfjAJn4SC-w

Last edited by wayspooled; 10-10-2015 at 01:42 AM.
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:07 PM   #8869
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
When it comes to Apache, I'm fond of this one when I'm in a lounge-y mood:

But this is my go-to:

But what I'm actually listening to is Tony Bennett:
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 12:53 AM   #8870
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
NRK Klassisk
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2015, 09:37 PM   #8871
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
When it comes to Apache, I'm fond of this one when I'm in a lounge-y mood:

I've had limited exposure to the genre, but I do like this one:

Last edited by cromag; 10-18-2015 at 09:43 PM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:00 AM   #8872
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right now, I'm listening to myself as an adult from the Peanuts movie. I think they nailed iit!

http://www.wahwahmachine.com/
Old 11-01-2015, 11:07 AM   #8873
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I've had limited exposure to the genre, but I do like this one:
Interesting! I've not really been able to get into modern Lounge. I can appreciate it and almost like it, but... Hard to explain, but it doesn't fit into the "progression" of things for me.

Best way to demonstrate is by example. I can build a thematic playlist including Ella Fitzgerald, Si Zentner, Frank Sinatra, Esquivel, Billy May Orchestra and say, Martin Denny, and the Exotica and Lounge bits manage to fit right in alongside the Big Band and Jazz Vocal selections, as interludes or even set pieces themselves. Much of the contemporary stuff breaks theme too much for me. Hey, I never said I was normal.

However, I'm not listening to any of that right now. My roommate was going through his record collection yesterday and came across Billy Vaughn's Swingin' Safari. I mean, the album cover... (attached). The music's not bad if I'm in the mood.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61lyK1NfmvL.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	143364  
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:40 PM   #8874
cromag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Interesting! I've not really been able to get into modern Lounge. I can appreciate it and almost like it, but... Hard to explain, but it doesn't fit into the "progression" of things for me.

Best way to demonstrate is by example. I can build a thematic playlist including Ella Fitzgerald, Si Zentner, Frank Sinatra, Esquivel, Billy May Orchestra and say, Martin Denny, and the Exotica and Lounge bits manage to fit right in alongside the Big Band and Jazz Vocal selections, as interludes or even set pieces themselves. Much of the contemporary stuff breaks theme too much for me. Hey, I never said I was normal.

However, I'm not listening to any of that right now. My roommate was going through his record collection yesterday and came across Billy Vaughn's Swingin' Safari. I mean, the album cover... (attached). The music's not bad if I'm in the mood.

Ha! The theme song from The Match Game with Gene Rayburn!
Old 11-02-2015, 09:43 PM   #8875
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:46 PM   #8876
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:56 PM   #8877
cromag

This one came up on my MP3 player today, while I was raking the leaves. And now I'm listening to it again.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:32 PM   #8878
obs20
Wizard
obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Nook ST, Toshiba Excite 10.1 AT 300
obs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:40 AM   #8879
cromag

This one came up on my MP3 player during a lo-ooo-ong weekend of traveling. (And I may have replayed it a few times.)

Old 11-10-2015, 11:21 AM   #8880
covingtoncat73
Wizard

R.I.P. Mr. Toussaint.

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)