Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
valeriu
valeriu began at the beginning.

Device: PRS T-1, Kindle Paperwhite
Unsure of what to upgrade to

I have two readers; A PRS T-1 and a Asus Transformer T300 (a tablet, but it works). The T-1 seems to have a freezing issue right now (it won't reset for instance) and, as much as I love my tablet, my eyes are destroyed as is lol.

I'm a Navy guy, new still, and about to go on to my first deployment in a few months after some more schooling. I want to upgrade, but I just don't know what I want and stores don't offer many choices of E-ink devices like the used to. Just the Nook and Kindle, neither I'm impressed with or have limited ePub support.
valeriu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Of the majors, if you want epub: look at the Sony T2 and T3 (if you don't want a lit reader), or Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura HD (if you do want lighting). Epub converts readily to Kindle format with Calibre, though, so you don't necessarily need to rule out a Kindle.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
valeriu
valeriu began at the beginning.

Device: PRS T-1, Kindle Paperwhite
I ended up getting a Kindle Paperwhite after my T-1 decided to freeze/lock on me again. I may use that as an android drone eventually, but for now I'll have fun with my new kindle. So far, I'm happy with it, though I have to convert my books from epub to the kindle format now, but no issues so far.
valeriu is offline   Reply With Quote