Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 04:22 AM   #1
Battum
Battum began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs650
Whishlist: more info on duplicate entries

When I add a book with a title that already is in Calibre, I get a screen with very littje details: only the title of the book that is already present. But... some titles are used by more than one author.
So more info on the details of the duplicate message would be convenient, like displaying the title AND the author. Could that be implemented?
Battum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:35 AM   #2
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Yes, I am too frowning a bit over that, though in my case it's 'source' column. I'd like the info that I already have that book but from different source (or that I have dl-d same one again). At least once I had to go hunting through the library in search of mobi that attatched itself next to previous epub of the same book.

I have ticked/unticked merge option in prefs so that now things go mostly to my liking and I only hope that nothing will be overwritten.

Also I have no idea how to cancel the operation so I can go and change prefs. Would be nice to have 'cancel' option on that little window, clicking on which adds every format separately and I can merge/delete them manually.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert