Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 02:56 AM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
New edition

At the risk of outing myself as a major nutcase I have to confess that I sometimes have conversations with the author in my head. Especially when I encounter something that is simply wrong, misunderstood, misinterpreted, misguidedly erratic, woefully invalid or sometimes simply bumptiously preposterous. I find myself urging the author to correct his mistakes and wooing her to publish an updated revision. That got me thinking - fearful impression as it may be - that if that happens with a printed item it is fairly easy to look it up on the inside front pages, but alas, I have no way, at least not to my feeble knowledge, to know what edition I'm offered when the book is electronically published.

So I'm wondering should we get an updated revision pushed to us automatically? For free, or offered at a discount?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post

So I'm wondering should we get an updated revision pushed to us automatically? For free, or offered at a discount?
I was thinking that myself, I don't think it would be particularly hard to do through the shop programs either. On Smashwords if you re-download a book you have bought it will tell you if there has been a new revision or not and you can pick which one you want. Amazon doesn't seem to do that, and I can't see any other way to tell. None of the other places I have bought ebooks will let you re-download them anyway.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Having said that, I just downloaded a sample of something in Kindle PC and I have several copies of a book that I bought a few weeks ago. I did send the writer a list of mistakes, but I don't know if he took any notice of them or not.

B0046LU9Q4_EBSP.azw
B003HS4V8O_EBOK.azw
B002RIA06M_EBOK.azw
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
ahh - maybe ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
At the risk of outing myself as a major nutcase I have to confess that I sometimes have conversations with the author in my head. Especially when I encounter something that is simply wrong, misunderstood, misinterpreted, misguidedly erratic, woefully invalid or sometimes simply bumptiously preposterous. I find myself urging the author to correct his mistakes and wooing her to publish an updated revision. That got me thinking - fearful impression as it may be - that if that happens with a printed item it is fairly easy to look it up on the inside front pages, but alas, I have no way, at least not to my feeble knowledge, to know what edition I'm offered when the book is electronically published.

First part of your post, I don't understand what your saying !
Second part - do you get get a revised copy of a paperbook when it's reprinted ?

Personaly I would like get an automatic update of the book that I buy, ....BUT what if the new copy is absolutely screwed ?
I'm tired and I'm not sure what this is about,
Just venting ?

Last edited by pchrist7; 10-29-2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: spelling
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post

First part of your post, I don't understand what your saying !
That makes two of us, to my relief I've found that there are plenty of intelligent people here capable of deducing my quasi-literate postings with erudite elocutions.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote