Notices

Old 07-16-2009, 08:11 PM   #1
muppetgeoff
muppetgeoff began at the beginning.

Device: none
[Old Thread] ISBN in List view

Hi,

Firstly - Awesome software! Thank you!

How do I get the ISBN (of files that have it) to display in the list view?

Basically, I have imported over 1500 books into Calibre, and I have only been able to update the MetaData on a few of them (only about 10%). But I can't see an easy way to highlight/identify which have, and which have not, been updated automatically via ISBNDB.com

If we could display the ISBN in the list view, then I could use that as a guide - i.e. no ISBN = Nt updated via ISBNDB

Any thoughts?

Kind regards,

Geoff
muppetgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In calibre 0.6 you can just enter isbn:false in the search field to just show those books that dont have an ISBN
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
muppetgeoff

Hi,

I just tried that (Calibre 0.6.0b13) and it doesn't work If I just search 'isbn' I get some results, but only becuase they have 'isbn' in the title.... am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks,

Geoff
Old 07-16-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
muppetgeoff

Got it... I did it in 'Advanced Find' and it worked

Would it be possible to add the ISBN to the list view? I could then use that to filter out duplicates.

Many thanks,

Geoff
Old 02-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #5
Dragon1966
Dragon1966 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300
Adding ISBN to Calibre list view

Hi all

It is possible to add the ISBN to the Calibre list view. To do it add a new column and enter the following information....

Lookup Name = isbn
Column Heading = ISBN
Column Type = Column built from other columns
Template = {isbn}

Note that the Template fields only gets shown when selecting the correct column type.

Dragon1966
Dragon1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2011, 09:08 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
This is a very old thread. While I applaud your desire to help, it's not necessary to dig up every old thread asking for ISBN in the book list view and posting the same answer.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon1966 View Post
It is possible to add the ISBN to the Calibre list view. To do it add a new column and enter the following information
This thread is 19 months old. There was an Old Thread Warning advising against reopening this thread.

Please read the various sticky posts before spamming the forum with good intentions. Not only is it possible to add the ISBN to the Calibre list view, but it is explained in this Sticky post along with directions to create many other custom columns and plugboard entries.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-15-2011 at 08:37 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote