Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-08-2013, 01:07 AM   #1
aviv1111
aviv1111 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Buying internationally

I would like to order one of those two devices
1)Nook simple touch
2)Basic Kindle
The problem is that i am not a USA citizen
will i be able to oprate one of those devices outside of USA land ?
aviv1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #2
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
If you mean, use them to read books, you can use both, but I don't think you can order nook touch or buy their books if you're not in USA or UK. Kindle (the version without adds) can probably be ordered and delivered, depending on where you are.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
One of the methods that I have heard of international customers using to buy things like this at american rates or to simply be able to buy them at all is to register at a drop ship company that for a percentage will immediately ship anything they receive for you to you at an address that you provide to the company. The fee they get includes: shipping to you and profit for them. Amazon sells in several countries, I believe includes the United Kingdom, Australia and France. If your country is not among those I would think one of the drop ship companies may be your best bet since to amazon and B&N it looks like to them that you are in the US. My opinion only.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
aviv1111

Thanks for the replies
in the worst case scenario
if i won't be able to buy book via amazon or b&n
will i be use the other functions of the device ?
(such as- WIFI-Reading doc's i transferred from my pc etc. )
and yes if i order one of those devices i will do this with the help of drop ship company

Last edited by aviv1111; 04-08-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Sorry, I meant you won't be able to buy nook books (from B&N site) but amazon sells ebooks internationally and ships kindle internationally. Both should be fine for existing ebooks (if there are no drm restrictions). You might have to change formats, though.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
aviv1111

Thank you mate !
I think i will grab a kindle
Old 04-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #7
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Buying internationally

As stated in the previous post, if you get the Nook, you won't be able to buy ebooks from B&N with an international credit card, let alone use the device as you won't be able to activate it from outside the US. So, Amazon's Kindle readers are the best choice for international customers.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
pwnn
Enthusiast
pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook Touch
The Nook can be activated anywhere since that doesn't require a CC just an email (real or made up). Nook books are sold only in the USA and UK (separate stores) unless you have a U.S. or UK CC and billing address. Nooks though can read not only DRM'd Nookbooks and DRM-free (Smashwords etc) but Adobe DRM (Sony, Kobo, Books On Board, Libraries etc )
pwnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:18 AM   #9
bitsandpieces
bitsandpieces began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, paperwhite
as long as you buy the international version of Kindle, Amazon will also provide all hardware support needed.

My Kindle Keyboard knocked off around 8 months into warranty in 2011. I got pretty worried and was wondering how much would I have to end up paying to get it working and shipped back to me in India.

Called up amazon support and surprisingly they shipped a replacement without any charges right to India.
bitsandpieces is offline   Reply With Quote