Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 12-04-2002, 07:25 PM   #1
rbentley
rbentley began at the beginning.

Smile

I have d/led Isilo 3.2 and Isilox3.25 and installed them on my S360 Sony Clie and my desktop.  So far so good. I have created a new sub directory of c:isilo_converted.  So far so good.  Now my questions:

1).  I have downloaded Wcc105.ixl and I can unzip it but I don't know where to extract and save it.  Suggestions?

2).  I can convert links and they show up as pdb files in my c:isilo_converted subdirectory.  Clicking on them launches the install tool and installs them in the Clie.  Kewl.  But how do I customize the links for my use.  For example, Hollywood.com.  I now get the listings but not for my zip code.  The link to change zip codes does not appear to work like it did on Avanto Go.  I will have other cites like the Weather Channel that gives local listings but I can't see how to make Isilo get just those listings.

3)  Can I automate this process so once I select the sites I want on a daily basis, that Isilo downloads them like Avantgo does?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:40 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Ok,

1) it doesn't really matter where you unzip it to. Probably the most practical place is iSiloX's program path itself. For me, that is "C:\Program Files\iSiloX". All you have to make sure is that when you start iSiloX, you go to the menu, File->Open and browse to wcc105.ixl.

2) Customization is different from case to case. All channels that can be customized are marked with a '+' in the list. The example I gave in the list for each of those channels should serve you as a template for your own needs. In the concrete case,
Hollywood.com: Go on the list entry->right click mouse button, choose tab Source, right click on the url->edit. You find http://www.hollywood.com/avantgo....ius=10. Here change the SearchZip to your Zip.
WeatherChannel: Again you need to change the url similar like for Hollywood. But first, with your web browser go to http://wireless.weather.com/avantgo/ . Enter the Zip or Cityname that you are interested in. When you come to the weather report page, mark the url. Now, back in iSiloX, go to the same tape like for Hollywood to change the Source url, only this time for Weather.com. Replace the url with the one that you got from your web browser.
That should do. You can copy the weather.com list entry in iSiloX using CTRL+C and CTRL+V and change the url for each case in order to get various weather reports at the same time.

3) Some people have done that successfully using the Windows Scheduler. Use the search feature on this forum to find more about the Scheduler.
-- Alex