Old 04-15-2009, 07:14 AM   #1
tonyt
Enthusiast
tonyt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre re-launch problem

Hi

I am using Calibre 0.5.5 with Mac OSX 10.5.6

I can launch Calibre no problem and use it. Then I close it with the red cross - the little blue light under its icon in the dock is still there - then when I click the icon to re-launch - NOTHING!

All I can do is quit Calibre and re-load it!!!

Any suggestions / help appreciated.

tonyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:32 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I don't know about OS X as I've never used Calibre on it but with the Windows an Linux version there is a tray icon. The tray icon allows you to restore it once you've hidden the main window. If there is a Cailbre tray icon click (right click maybe) it and see if there is a restore option.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
tonyt
Enthusiast

Can Any Mac User Help?

I don't mean I minimise Caliber, I close it. The blue light under the Caliber icon in the dock (tray) means it is still in memory as far as I know.
Help!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt View Post
I don't mean I minimise Caliber, I close it. The blue light under the Caliber icon in the dock (tray) means it is still in memory as far as I know.
Help!
Do you have the calibre icon in the menu bar tray? If so, calibre does not shut down when you close the window... you have to shut it down from the tray icon.

Personally I got into the config and disable the tray icon.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:29 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you close it with the red cross, you have to re-open it using the system tray icon (it will be on the right side of the menubar at the top of your screen).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2009, 04:15 AM   #6
tonyt
Enthusiast

Smile THANK YOU!

Many thanks! - Shows how often I look at my menu bar, I've never spotted the icon up there!
Cheers
tonyt