Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #586
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Editing the Burton translation of The Thousand Nights and A Night.
It has over 1,400,000 words and nearly 5,500 footnotes. I may be some time, especially because I keep reading the stories and the salacious footnotes.
I'm sitting here, thinking that Patricia is a Goddess among mere mortals. Of course, that's why she's my running mate.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:37 AM   #587
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Actually, I just like salacious stories with some Orientalism thrown in.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:38 AM   #588
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Actually, I just like salacious stories with some Orientalism thrown in.
Yet another reason to be my running mate.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:00 PM   #589
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Editing the Burton translation of The Thousand Nights and A Night.
It has over 1,400,000 words and nearly 5,500 footnotes. I may be some time, especially because I keep reading the stories and the salacious footnotes.
5,500 footnotes? How could you possibly deal with that many? I would have thrown my hands up at a couple hundred. You are simply unfathomable, Patricia. But if and when you finish, I'm first in line to delve into salaciousness!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:49 PM   #590
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, VR, I find people who live in Texas unfathomable. RickyMaveety has reported encounters with big spiders, scorpions, snakes and mountain lions. The humidity seems most unpleasant. And then there are those hurricanes... (I'm really glad that you're ok.)
Truly, you Texans must be very hardy people.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:51 PM   #591
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Actually, VR, I find people who live in Texas unfathomable. RickyMaveety has reported encounters with big spiders, scorpions, snakes and mountain lions. The humidity seems most unpleasant. And then there are those hurricanes... (I'm really glad that you're ok.)
or insane.

probably both.

(i'm with you on this one, patricia. also you forgot the cockroaches the size of your arm.)

then again, i also agree with vr about you, so maybe i'm insane too. just less masochistically so.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:58 PM   #592
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
or insane.

probably both.

(i'm with you on this one, patricia. also you forgot the cockroaches the size of your arm.)

then again, i also agree with vr about you, so maybe i'm insane too. just less masochistically so.
Yes, I'm pretty sure it's both. I just got off the phone with Amazon and the US Post Office. Both swear up and down that they delivered a package to me on the 11th .... problem is, I didn't get it. So ... who did they deliver it to??

It would have been a good sized package, so they either would have placed it in the lock box at the top of the hill (and put the key to the lock box in my mail box) or, they would have stuck a note in my box telling me to pick the item up at the post office.

Neither actually happened. So, where the heck is my package?? Or ... perhaps I never really ordered it?? And it was all a dream. Or, perhaps I'm going hardy ... I mean insane.

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #593
Patricia
Reader

Those doggies have been eating your mail notifications and/ or the keys to the lock box.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #594
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Maybe the cats took it? Do you have any double-pawed cats who might have signed for it while you were out shopping for paint?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #595
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
trust a cat to sign for a package and then hide it from you...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #596
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Those doggies have been eating your mail notifications and/ or the keys to the lock box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Maybe the cats took it? Do you have any double-pawed cats who might have signed for it while you were out shopping for paint?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
trust a cat to sign for a package and then hide it from you...
Nope .... I already thought of that. I do have one cat who has been known to steal mail and hide it from me. However, she is kept well away from the mailbox these days. And ... all the keys to the lock boxes are actually in the lock boxes.

It is a puzzlement. However, Amazon is sending me a replacement via UPS (a company I actually trust, unlike the US Postal Service). So, I should be getting my package on Thursday.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:21 PM   #597
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:

Y'all left out sharks, little Black Widow spiders, rabies, tornadoes, lightning storms, 24hr temperature shift from 25 degrees C to snow and ice, and back to 25C in 24 more hrs, droughts, grass fires, floods, javelinas (wild peccary, a form of native hog - most dangerous), lots of guns, mesquite trees, huisach trees, prickly pear, pincusion cactus, and alligators (both actual and alligators gars (up to 8 feet in length with jaws 2-3 feet long)).

To us natives, home sweet home. (Sorta explains why the gov't has used Texans for shock troops since the US Civil War...)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #598
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My karma fortune still says I might easily be mistaken for a Texan, and I have to say I find that rather improbable.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:39 PM   #599
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
My karma fortune still says I might easily be mistaken for a Texan, and I have to say I find that rather improbable.
Anybody can be a Texan, it only requires three things,

1. Willingness to live in this harsh environment without complaint.
2. Joining the Texan ethos rather than criticizing it.

and

3. Putting up with the rest of the world sneering at you (and not shooting back without permission... that's the toughest one.. ).
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:43 PM   #600
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

I'm not especially interested in criticizing anyone's ethos, but I'm not sure what you consider the Texas ethos to be, so I'm not sure I'd "join" it, either.

Issues of shooting are entirely moot, as I don't own a gun and consider it extraordinarily unlikely that I ever would. (That might disqualify me right there....)

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?