Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
flyash
Groupie
flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Do I need to run Calibre content server to use Calibre Companion

I've got an Android tablet I'd like to use with Calibre. Does Calibre Companion need the Calibre content server to be up and running to access books from the Calibre library on my computer?

I assume the Content Server is a process that runs in the background? I'm trying to keep to a minimum the number of processes that launch on startup and continue to run while I use my computer.
flyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyash View Post
I've got an Android tablet I'd like to use with Calibre. Does Calibre Companion need the Calibre content server to be up and running to access books from the Calibre library on my computer?

I assume the Content Server is a process that runs in the background? I'm trying to keep to a minimum the number of processes that launch on startup and continue to run while I use my computer.
I use the Connect Wirelessly, (which runs as part of the GUI Minimized).
Since CC uses a Push from Calibre to receive books, I am at a loss to explain why you would want it?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #3
flyash
Groupie
flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I use the Connect Wirelessly, (which runs as part of the GUI Minimized).
What's Connect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Since CC uses a Push from Calibre to receive books, I am at a loss to explain why you would want it?
Perfect. I just wanted the wireless connection without having to run the Content Server. Got CC connected now.
flyash is offline   Reply With Quote