Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
LoveMissBubbly
LoveMissBubbly began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Exclamation Python Function Error

Hi,
I've had Calibre for almost six months now and I have diligently updated my software as the new ones came out. However, I went to open my Calibre today and it told me "Python function terminated unexpectedly Folder not valid (error code 1)". The first thing I did was check to see if there was a more recent version than the one I have, and there wasn't. Next, i uninstalled the program and reinstalled it, but I continued to get the same error message. Finally, I tried to install an older version that I know worked the last time I had it installed, to yet again receive a "Python function..." message. I then tried all over again after turning off my antivirus and firewall. Ultimately, I went to the FAQ to try and find a solution and ran the debug. This is what I got:

C:\Users\_____>calibre-debug -g
Python function terminated unexpectedly
Folder not valid<Error Code: 1>
Traceback <most recent call last>:
File "site.py", line 103, in main
File "site.py", line 84, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
File "site-package\calibre\constants.py", line 124, in <module>
ValueError: Folder not valid

Please help. I need to add more books to my nook

Thank you.

Last edited by LoveMissBubbly; 09-15-2011 at 07:03 PM.
LoveMissBubbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error indicates a system level problem with your windows. (It is refusing to tell calibre what the folder for your application data is). I suggest trying to do in order: 1) a reboot 2) a system resotore
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
SASSBS
Connoisseur
SASSBS doesn't litterSASSBS doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard; Kindle Fire
I am getting a similar issue after every Norton 2012 scan it seems that the scanner is picking up a heuristic virus in the code and removing a file, but a restore of the file is not working I have to uninstall Calibre, delete the folder and then reinstall calibre to fix it.

I have added the folder to Norton's exempt list until Norton get the fix in place, but it keeps ignoring that and scanning it anyway
SASSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm which file is Norton removing?
Old 09-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #5
SASSBS
Connoisseur
SASSBS doesn't litterSASSBS doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard; Kindle Fire
Hi

the file it keeps removing is pylib.zip and it mentions the winutil.pyd it thinks it is Suspicious.Cloud.7.F
SASSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That is a bug in Norton.

Tags
python function