Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-02-2007, 01:21 AM   #166
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by roncri View Post
So there. Don't you know better than to ask questions.
Roncri,

It's not as bad as that, but Sebastiano's question seemed - to me - to ask for far more information than I felt comfortable releasing under our NDA with Bookeen. I could be wrong about what he was asking.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:14 AM   #167
Sebastiano
Sebastiano is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook Gen3, Palm Zire21
Quote:
Originally Posted by roncri View Post
So there. Don't you know better than to ask questions.
Sorry for asking. Shouldn't happen ever again.

S.
Sebastiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2007, 07:24 AM   #168
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Come on guys...don't get too worked up about this. I think you had a bit of a misunderstanding there and you should not let that turn into anything nasty.

I think delphidb96 is under a lot of pressure right now, since he's "officially" doing a review and everybody is bombarding him with questions. Bookeen is not giving him all that much information (companies like to do that...^^) and there is also surely stuff he's not supposed to talk about...
Still, I think the reaction to Sebastiano's questions was a bit harsh...but so were the "that's what you get for asking questions" posts later on.

Maybe we need a new meditation thread? After a visit there you can all have a round of apologies, handshakes all round and then back on topic and forget the whole deal?

I think the culprit here (if there is one) is bookeen because they are quite obviously not willing to keep delphidb96 up to date on firmware (he's still using the very first version they supplied him with even though they obviously have at least one newer version) and I don't see any reason to bug delphidb96 about that since he's obviously already quite annoyed about that himself...
Give the guy a break, it will all start coming together sooner or later I guess...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:25 AM   #169
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastiano View Post
Sorry for asking. Shouldn't happen ever again.

S.
Asking questions is good. After all, there's no such thing as a stupid question.

It's just that we are caught between making sure that we give a review based upon the most current firmware update and trying to not release information that is still covered by our NDA agreements. Result? Stress. Stress causes me to snap at people who ask difficult (unbeknownst to them) questions. You happened to be one of those people. Sorry.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:23 PM   #170
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I think we're all eagerly anticipating your review and it's easy to forget when we express it that it can also feel like pressure for you. Plus you're in the unfortunate position of having to answer for something that is beyond your control.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert