Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 10-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #1
seanrose
seanrose began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Can I convert "Secure" Microsoft Reader to LRF?

I'm a newbie, so please excuse me if this has already been asked and answered a number of times, but the searches I've done only refer to converting "Microsoft Reader" files to LRF (i.e. using Calibre) and not "Secure Microsoft Reader" specifically.

Fictionwise has a number of titles I'd like to buy, but they are mostly in Secure Microsoft Reader format. Will I still be able to convert these, using Calibre, so they can be read on my Sony PRS-505? I'm not a terrible stickler about margins, justified text, etc.

Thanks,
seanrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You'll need to remove the DRM to be able to convert them, but yes they can be converted and usually give very good results. Search for ConvertLit.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Convertlit

Convertlit does work very well in my opinion. I use it regularly.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #4
seanrose

Thanks for the help. I eventually found ConvertLIT. Still working with it though. I ended up with an html file for each chapter, rather than a single LRF, EPUB, or other.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:39 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanrose View Post
Thanks for the help. I eventually found ConvertLIT. Still working with it though. I ended up with an html file for each chapter, rather than a single LRF, EPUB, or other.
Instead of using ConvertLit to "explode" the Lit file you want to use it to "downconvert" it. This will leave you with a Lit with no DRM. That Lit can then be dragged into Calibre and converted to LRF or EPUB.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2009, 05:05 AM   #6
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Google for "ConvertLIT GUI" if you're not sticking to the command-line.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #7
seanrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Instead of using ConvertLit to "explode" the Lit file you want to use it to "downconvert" it. This will leave you with a Lit with no DRM. That Lit can then be dragged into Calibre and converted to LRF or EPUB.
Works like a charm now. Thanks much!