Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-19-2008, 11:38 AM   #166
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
The Goose skidded to a alnding on Lake Gatun. Harv taxied it to his landing, called, oddly enough, Adrian's Landing. He never quite understood why it had that name. It was just a stretch of shore when he took it over and after that everyone started calling it Adrian's Landing. He felt sure that it ought to be Wallbanger's Landing, or at the very least Goos Landing. He shrugged. Right now, he had bigger things to worry about.

Vivaldi jumped out and pulled the mooring lines to their stantions, which were palm trees. Harv shut down the engines and did his final checklist. He hoped that the socks' plan worked and it wasn't also his "final" checklist.

He jumped to shore. Miyatake and Fujimora were there already, Vera held between them.

"Mr. Wallbanger, if you please. What do you call that maneuver that you and the dog used in our fight that ended so dishonorably?"

"The Harvaldi."

"Ah. Just know, that I have spent the day in contamplating the moves and have devised a means of countering it, should we have occasion to test our skills once more."

"Then all you have to worry about is the Reverse Harvaldi, I guess."

Fujimora's lips moved silently. His eyes widened in fear.

"Enough talk!" said Miyatake, "Get the cannisters out of the plane and into the sailboat."

"You're stealing my boat?"

"I doubt you will have much use for it after today, Mr. Wallbanger."

Harv and Fujimora started unloading four cylinders from the cargo bay of the Goose.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:26 PM   #167
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
We interrupt this program with a News Bulletin....

Authorities in Lake Gatun are concerned that activities on the lake are incompatible with the environmental nature of the reserve.

The FBI, CIA, local police and the Panda-Brigade are currently investigating.

We shall bring further news as the situation develops....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2008, 12:51 PM   #168
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
The ninja-squirrels are on alert too.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:57 PM   #169
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Meanwhile, outside Biggles office, Ingrid's mighty heart pounded, almost as though someone she loved was plunging toward a horrible death driven by a depressed autopilot. But then, it was over, and she could draw breath again into her massive, breastfeeding, working bosoms. She bustled into Biggles office, her face red from the effort of bustling.

"What's wrong, my dear," Biggles asked.

"Nein, mein Capitan, nein. I must leave work early today as all nein.. nine... of my children got sent home from school due to lice," she improvised on the fly in order to not appear to be fibbing.

"Then go, my dear, and shave those heathens... ahem... HEAvenly angels," sputtered Biggles, all the while hoping that she had not carried the heathens' parasitic plague into the office with her that morning.

"Donkeyshane (Ed. I don't know how to spell "thanks" in German.) mein Capitan," and she rushed from the office, department, building floor, lobby, and building, before hailing a cab. Happily, her pager was on vibrate when it went off in the cab. (I'm leaving this in as a temporal anomaly, because really, don't we all need more vibrators.. vibrating pagers?)

Later, much less frustrated and safely sequestered in her secret solitary shelter, she logged onto wwww.largegermanspy.net and checked her couriered mail.

"What's this? Mein got in himmel, I must leave my children in the kennel... with the babysitter... and meet a squirrel dressed like a man in Mexico City," she spoke aloud to herself, and shuddered with her accustomed dread of being in a city that is so dangerously close to an active volcanoe with a squirrel.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:00 PM   #170
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, great. Now I gotta get squirrels in the plot.

And who knew the Nazis invented the interwebs back in 1938?
Advert
Old 11-19-2008, 01:02 PM   #171
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Goodness! Where did Ingrid come from? She's new here!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:05 PM   #172
pshrynk

Here.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:07 PM   #173
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oops! I forgot it was 1938. I went back and fixed it.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #174
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Oh yeah. Well then, carry on, Ingrid!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #175
DixieGal
Hi There!

She's just taking up space right now. I think she would be a much better operative is she didn't have a yard full of heathens, but what can I say? She loves her (Catholic) Japanese husband very much. So, even though she's a lousy baker and a Lutheran, there's always a bun in the oven.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:55 PM   #176
pshrynk

He waited in shadow. He was torn. He was needed elsewhere. The Master was in need. But he was contracted to this plot. Torn. This was going to sting.

His being torn in two, he sent a part of himself to the Master. The rest, the part with the most anger stayed here.

He checked his operatives, who chittered and screamed in a side dimension.

All was ready. He chewed a banana... waiting.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:57 PM   #177
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
All was ready. He chewed a banana... waiting.
It feels like Christmas came early!
Old 11-19-2008, 10:26 PM   #178
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
His being torn in two, he sent a part of himself to the Master. The rest, the part with the most anger stayed here.
It's like you can read my mind like a book! (Tell me, is it Little Golden Book, or Dr Seuss?)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:57 PM   #179
pshrynk

Harv helped haul the last of the cylinders into the sailboat. He checked the rollers to see that they were clear. The time for action was coming up swiftly. He hoped that the socks knew what they were mumming about. As he straightened up,, he saw that Miyatake had the squid held to Vera's head.

"Now, I am afraid that our time has come to an end, Mr. Wallbanger, Miss Vera."

"Don't suppose I could talk you into just sailing away and leaving us here, could I?"

"That would be imprudent, I am afraid. We must get ourselves out of the country as quickly as possible after delivering our packages."

"Okay. I guess then, there's only two things to say."

"What would that be, Mr. Wallbanger?"

"First, you talk too much, second, now."

"Now?"

"NOW!"

Then, several things happened at the same time. Since this is not the movies, where large actions can be shown simultaneously and in split screen, we will describe them sequentially. Pay attention, because the special effects were very expensive.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:02 PM   #180
pshrynk

[suddenly a loud pop-snap and the smell of ozone]

The parachute ballooned up, covering Miyatake as Vera pulled away and dove for cover.

The socks, Lefty and Hugo, were furiously rubbing themselves against the fabric of the parachute. Sparks cascaded from it like chain lightning.

Tags
ongoing saga, saga, unutterable silliness, vera