Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-19-2008, 06:56 AM   #1
sahlberg
sahlberg began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
How to encpode "top of page blurb" for html2lrf?

Hi,

Some commerical books have a tiny line/blurb at the top of each page, often containing the title of the book or the chapter.
Example : the teaser "Marley & me" that comes with the reader.

How would I mark something up in the HTML so that html2lrf would generate a top-of-page-blurb like that?

(For those that can/want to answer, I have a free eBook at
http://www.samba.org/~sahlberg/indarkestafrica.lrf
It will look a lot better when I know how to handle the sidenotes which are now rendered in the middle of the page. :-(

The sidenotes are those things that look like "1887. Feb. 23. Zanziabar." and which by the way look really nice in the html version.
)

regards
ronnie sahlberg
sahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:18 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
--header

use that option to put in a header.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #3
sahlberg
sahlberg began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
--header would set a static text at the top of page, hte same text on each page?

What i rather want is a method where I can mark up in HTML a text that changes over time/pages.

I.e.
The first 5 pages might have
"1887. Feb 23. Zanzibar"

Then on page 6 this might change to
"1887. Feb 26. Cape Town"

The book in my mind is a diary and I wanted to use that top-left-corner blurb to show the current date/place of the diary.

Is this possible in lrf? in some other format?

regards
ronnie sahlberg
sahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:58 AM   #4
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
I think BookDesigner lets you set the (dynamic) title text as a header, but I don't believe that's a feature of calibre.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote