Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-21-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Best PDF page format ???

Hello All!

This topic has probably been discussed, but I cannot find it...

What is the best page size, margin, font size etc.. to use in a word processor like Word or Pages or Open Office that I can use and then export it as PDF to my Cybook. To use in Portrait, not landscape

I am not creating a book so I do not necessarily want to use Mobi Creator and
such, plus I am a Mac user...

I am just making a list with a description of all the books I bought at Fictionwise. Basically I am copying and pasting the description of every book that I have, found on Fictionwise website.

Thanks

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I have uploaded some books in PDF format here. Have a look at them, if you like them, what I used is more or less (I used LaTeX, not Word):

9x12cm page size.
9pt font size.
2mm margins all around.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Thanks Jellby!

it did the trick!!

Regards,

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:07 AM   #4
cubisticus
Connoisseur
cubisticus began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I have uploaded some books in PDF format here. Have a look at them, if you like them, what I used is more or less (I used LaTeX, not Word)
Which font do you use? Is Computer Modern still the default font for LaTeX? I found that Warnock Pro (an OTF from Adobe) is quite readable on the Cybook. But of course, I do not use LaTeX anymore (but that's a different story). Would you mind, to show us your LaTeX-Document-Header for your PDF's?
cubisticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:06 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubisticus View Post
Which font do you use? Is Computer Modern still the default font for LaTeX? I found that Warnock Pro (an OTF from Adobe) is quite readable on the Cybook. But of course, I do not use LaTeX anymore (but that's a different story). Would you mind, to show us your LaTeX-Document-Header for your PDF's?
It depends on the book. Yes, Computer Modern is the default, but it's always possible to change it to something else. I've used Palatino, Utopia, New Centruy Schoolbook, Kpfonts... (or free clones of them).

I attach here the main LaTeX file for Sylvie and Bruno. It has many tweaks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SylvieBruno-ss.zip (3.0 KB, 513 views)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:38 PM   #6
cubisticus
Connoisseur
cubisticus began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I attach here the main LaTeX file for Sylvie and Bruno. It has many tweaks.
Just great! The status-information on the top is incredible! I'm really impressed. Thanks for sharing.
cubisticus is offline   Reply With Quote