Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-20-2012, 06:33 AM   #1471
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Anyone else getting a "Sorry, but we couldn't complete your order because an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later" when trying to checkout and paying via Paypal?
Worked fine for me just now when I bought a book for my daughter.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:49 AM   #1472
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
Worked fine for me just now when I bought a book for my daughter.
Still getting the same problem. I've contacted their customer support and so far it has been escalated to Tier 2. Kobo recently launched their ereader over here and the site shows prices in our local currency now, so I'm not sure if that's causing some issues. It must definitely be something wrong with the site since I don't actually get redirected to Paypal to enter payment info.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #1473
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Anyone else getting a "Sorry, but we couldn't complete your order because an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later" when trying to checkout and paying via Paypal?
I get that all the time after checking out with PayPal. I just go to my Library and the book is there waiting for me. So be careful you may end up paying more than once if you try again. Look in your Library first to see if it really did go through, almost every time for me it did.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #1474
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
I saw a documentary recently about Facebook.

Every day they have truck loads of servers delivered, wheeled into place and installed.

A wicked thought crossed my mind, I wondered how things would be if Kobo was running that operation.....?
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:08 AM   #1475
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
Just saw this on epubdeals.com:
Quote:
Eligibility: World wide
Run: Tuesday, November 20th to Tuesday, December 4th at 11:59pm EST
Promo Code: Save40UK
It states that there is a list of 50 books to choose from, but it works on any non-agency title. However it's a onetime-use code, whereas Bargainmoose40 is a multiple-time-use code. So if Bargainmoose40 stops working before Dec 4th you can use this Save40UK once for a 40% discount.

FYI, I tried unsuccessfully the other iterations with ca, us, row, ww. Save40UK stands alone.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:36 AM   #1476
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I get that all the time after checking out with PayPal. I just go to my Library and the book is there waiting for me. So be careful you may end up paying more than once if you try again. Look in your Library first to see if it really did go through, almost every time for me it did.
I don't ever got to the point where I can actually enter my payment details so I can't see how they could charge anything.

Working with their support is an exercise in frustration. They ask 1 question, I reply. Hours later they come back with another question/request for screenshots. I reply and the cycle continues. Why can't they just ask everything once?

The latest is whether I tried using it without a promo code, but the screenshot I attached clearly shows that I didn't.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #1477
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Just want to say thanks for the bargainmoose40 code, used it to finish off a series today! Non-agency book.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #1478
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Yep, got a couple of books in a series I didn't have. So thanks!
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #1479
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
bargainmoose40 is fabulous! Now, if only I could read books as fast as I buy them...
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #1480
GinRummy
GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Arc
Just finished buying 7 books and Bargainmoose40 worked for 3 of them. I have no idea what the difference is between agency and non but it saved me some money and thats always good considering my poor impulse control. Thank you kindly for the codes.
GinRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #1481
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Just a heads up that there are a couple of codes for Cyber Monday that apesmom posted here.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #1482
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Loving that bargainmoose40. Thanks kobo
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #1483
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
The coupon code for 80% off on Cyber Monday works multiple times. The code is 80Cyber.
The other Cyber Monday discounts work only once. These codes work only with titles in the lists given for each discount category. See Synamon's post above for link.

Apparently the 80Cyber coupon works for all Open Road publications.

Last edited by llcj; 11-26-2012 at 01:14 PM.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #1484
cghipp
Zealot
cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Still getting the same problem. I've contacted their customer support and so far it has been escalated to Tier 2. Kobo recently launched their ereader over here and the site shows prices in our local currency now, so I'm not sure if that's causing some issues. It must definitely be something wrong with the site since I don't actually get redirected to Paypal to enter payment info.
I'm having the same kinds of problems. I could use my credit card for a while, then I couldn't, and after a while I could again - until, after I purchased about five books, it stopped working again. In the meantime I used the PayPal/checking account option. Finally that stopped working, and now I can't make any purchase at all. What's more, books I have already purchased are not syncing to my desktop. It's quite frustrating!
cghipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #1485
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Get a gift card - Kobo is a Canadian company and most US CC companies flag it as fraud either all the time or if used more than a couple of times a day or for large numbers of small transactions.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals