Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
scottken
Addict
scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook color
Now thru Sunday: 50% off select Bestselling Nook books

Lots to choose from here. Not all the cheapest, but a number of new release (i.e., new Neil Gaimen) are among them.
scottken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Thanks for posting this. As you say, even at half price some of these are pricey. Last time they did this, I picked up book 1 of both The Wheel of Time and Ender series. I see both are on this list as well as a few of the later books. I picked up the second book in the Ender series at Google Play's sale earlier this week, so I may pick up book 3 of that series and book 2 of The Wheel of Time. Hmmm...
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
You know, I know a lot of people think romance novels are interchangeable (no more so than fantasy or mystery novels), but usually publishers try to at least make sure the cover models *in the same series* don't look the same...I only noticed these because I think this is a shot of Andie McDowell, the actress, or a look-a-like.

16 Lighthouse Road versus 44 Cranberry Point (both in the Cedar Cove series).

EDITED TO ADD: Hmm, there are more like this in the same series. So now I'm thinking this really *was* intentional (but weird). So...move along...nothing to see here after all.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 06-28-2013 at 06:35 PM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
You know, I know a lot of people think romance novels are interchangeable (no more so than fantasy or mystery novels), but usually publishers try to at least make sure the cover models *in the same series* don't look the same...I only noticed these because I think this is a shot of Andie McDowell, the actress, or a look-a-like.

16 Lighthouse Road versus 44 Cranberry Point (both in the Cedar Cove series).

EDITED TO ADD: Hmm, there are more like this in the same series. So now I'm thinking this really *was* intentional (but weird). So...move along...nothing to see here after all.
They're tie-in covers for the TV series she's staring in based on the books.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I wondered about that. Andie McDowell on the cover of all of Debbie Macomber's novels?
Advert
Old 06-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #6
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
A couple of the titles in the B&n sale are cheaper in Sonys 24 titles for $1.99 sale
https://ebookstore.sony.com/24-hour-sale/
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #7
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
A couple of the titles in the B&n sale are cheaper in Sonys 24 titles for $1.99 sale
Good eye. A word of caution, though... Be sure to add the books to your cart from the sale page as the individual product pages still show the full price. The ones I wanted from the B&N sale aren't on Sony's list, but there are a couple on Sony's list that I might be willing to pay $2 for.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #8
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
Ha - thank you for this thread and letting me know I wasn't the only one puzzled by the Andie McDowell thing...
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #9
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Good eye. A word of caution, though... Be sure to add the books to your cart from the sale page as the individual product pages still show the full price. The ones I wanted from the B&N sale aren't on Sony's list, but there are a couple on Sony's list that I might be willing to pay $2 for.
Looks like Sony fixed the prices on the product pages. I didn't bother to compare the titles in this list to the sale at Google Play until after I paid $2.99 for Angels & Demons this morning.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Good eye. A word of caution, though... Be sure to add the books to your cart from the sale page as the individual product pages still show the full price.
I'm getting full price, even when adding from that page . Wish I could get it to work (tried three different browsers) as there are three books I'd like to get.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #11
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Quote:
Looks like Sony fixed the prices on the product pages. I didn't bother to compare the titles in this list to the sale at Google Play until after I paid $2.99 for Angels & Demons this morning.
They may have fixed the price on the product page, but it still shows full price in the cart no matter how you add it to the cart - I tried both the product page and the button on the sale page. They have no phone or chat support after 8:00 pm on Saturday, and their email support looks like it is only for devices - they require your model number so I don't know if I should bother trying.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #12
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm getting full price, even when adding from that page . Wish I could get it to work (tried three different browsers) as there are three books I'd like to get.
I tried two PC browsers and two Android and none of them worked. I was also looking at three books.

I even just tried using my 950 and the price on the page showed 1.99 but the cart had 11.66!

Last edited by Purple Lady; 06-29-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I tried two PC browsers and two Android and none of them worked. I was also looking at three books.
Just tried Safari on my iPhone too. No go there either...
Old 06-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #14
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Just tried Safari on my iPhone too. No go there either...
I seem to keep posting at the same time as others tonight! I just edited my post above when you posted this - I even just tried using my 950 and the price on the page showed 1.99 but the cart had 11.66!
Old 06-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #15
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
I just tested as well and am seeing the same thing. Doh! Maybe it's a good thing I DID buy from Google Play. It was definitely working earlier when I added from the sale page even though the product page was showing full price.