Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
nila
nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: none
Missing Covers on Kobo + Book Titles on Kobo

Hi All,
Hoping someone can help,
Been transferring my books to the Kobo and most are showing with the covers although the covers are not the exact right size to fit the boxes on the reader.
I decided to remove some covers and tried using 400x600 covers which I thought seemed like the right dimensions to fit perfectly.
Did so and now for those 3 books no covers show at all.

Can anyone clarify for me exactly what the requirements are for covers to:
1. Make them show
2. Make them fill the boxes exactly

I am using ePub and Calibre.

Also - is there any way to have Calibre automatically write the titles differently on the books when it copies them to the reader?
In Calibre I have just the titles in the title box as the series and series index can be kept and managed seperately.
On the Kobo Touch however this isn't the case and so it just orders them by name which basically just loses them all.
What I'd like is that Calibre when copying them over changes the titles to be:
{series} - {series_index} - {title}
So they are easy to find in my library on the Kobo.

Anyone know if this is possible? It seems like the type of thing I'd imagine lots of people would have wanted to do?
nila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Take a look at plugboards.. For instance see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...rd#post1969323
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
nila
nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: none
Genius - exactly what I was after and does a perfect job of it!!

Just found this too which seems to solve the other issue with covers:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139531
nila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:56 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nila View Post
Just found this too which seems to solve the other issue with covers:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139531
Also, have a look at the Modify ePub plugin. This allows you to change or add covers without doing the conversion.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
I did create a tool to have the covers fit the screen. Check the link in my Signature
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert