Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
PharaohsVizier
Connoisseur
PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DXG, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
Can't connect Kindle to computer

I got my Paperwhite this morning, glad that the screen looks good and the light is even, but then I can't seem to get my computer to recognize it as a mass storage device. I get the USB Drive Mode prompt, but my computer won't recognize it. Oddly my laptop will recognize it fine.

I think it may be a driver issue since device manager lists Amazon Kindle under Other Devices rather than Portable Devices. I've been with Kindle support for a while, they offered a replacement, but I don't think that will really help. Nothing is physically wrong with the device, it might be the cable or the drivers. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue?
PharaohsVizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:06 AM   #2
Torwan
Zealot
Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3 (3G)
Maybe this is obvious, but I think you need to check out the computer. If the Paperwhite is recognized by the laptop, then the problem lies with the computer. Maybe it has driver issues or general issues with USB-devices. Checking out the Paperwhite doesn't make much sense to me if it works with one computer. If it was the source of the problem, it wouldn't work with ANY computer.
Torwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert