Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-08-2013, 04:33 AM   #76
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Edited wishlist in first to include option to disable CSS as CR for Android does
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #77
Haemi110
Haemi110 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Hi there, I encountered a problem with Coolreader recently: When I read an epub book with Coolreader and close it won't save the page I was on. Even my bookmarks are not stored somehow. Has anyone experienced the same issue?
Haemi110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #78
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
It only happened to me when I switched my preferred epub application to FBreader and then switched back to Coolreader. It seems that bookmarks and page saving get deleted each time you switch apps. But no problems after that.

Last edited by yayo; 05-10-2013 at 01:44 PM.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #79
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haemi110 View Post
Hi there, I encountered a problem with Coolreader recently: When I read an epub book with Coolreader and close it won't save the page I was on. Even my bookmarks are not stored somehow. Has anyone experienced the same issue?
By any chance, is your epub file stored on SD card?
I think the lock on SD card may have moved and the card may have read only access causing thumb file not to be stored/written
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #80
Haemi110
Haemi110 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Thanks for your infos! It seems as if I have a similar issue as yayo experienced. I think I opened the epub with the other Reader first and then switched to Coolreader. (I don't have this problem with other epubs I didn't open before).

I tried to solve this problem by duplicating the old epub under another name - same probs. I can make bookmarks - when I close the epub und open it again they're gone. Strange thing is when I'm in the book folder the preview icon of the epub shows a position in the text and not the book cover. But when I open it goes back to the book cover. A bit annoying, but I'm glad it at least works with other documents.

PS: I only use the internal storage.

Anyway, thanks for your help!
Haemi110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #81
HACB
HACB began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX Boox I62HD Firefly
Hi, all
i got the I62HD Firefly recently,

I tried cool reader and it is nice, but i have the css problem.
sadly the fix don't work for me.
I downloaded the epub.css into the cr3 folder but it doesn't worked

I have the FW:1.8.20130427

Please excuse my bad english
HACB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #82
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by HACB View Post
Hi, all
i got the I62HD Firefly recently,

I tried cool reader and it is nice, but i have the css problem.
sadly the fix don't work for me.
I downloaded the epub.css into the cr3 folder but it doesn't worked

I have the FW:1.8.20130427

Please excuse my bad english
Current firmware (the one you have) has the same epub.css that the recommended as unofficial fix. So I'm afraid there's no point in downloading it.
Css bug is still there. And the same with other bugs we talked about in thus thread. It's awful because I prefer Coolreader to Pdfreader but pdfreader is not as buggy as Coolreader
Old 05-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #83
HACB
HACB began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX Boox I62HD Firefly
Thats sad. For example the Title get from this ->

Spoiler:
Thomas Plischke

Autopilot

Roman

Mit einer Kurzgeschichte
von Markus Heitz

Wilhelm Heyne Verlag
München

to this ->
Spoiler:
Thomas Plischke
Autopilot
Roman
Mit einer Kurzgeschichte
von Markus Heitz
Wilhelm Heyne Verlag
München
HACB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #84
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Hi everyone,

I have the same problems with Cool Reader and I'm on FW 1.8.20130427. The bookmarks, citations and last reading position don't save in Cool Reader after the book is closed. I'll try deleting and replacing the book to see if the problem goes away since I was using the .pdf reader to read the epub and then switched to Cool Reader.
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:57 AM   #85
Manolo
Addict

Thanks jbsavitz, I'll add it to first post
Old 06-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #86
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does anyone know if there exists any kind of a Cool Reader user manual and if there is documentation to explain what all of the Cool Reader configuration settings mean and how to use them. I'm wondering if some of our problems are related to improper configuration settings.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #87
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm afraid there is no manual. But if you will name some specific problem, or some specific setting you are interested in I could try to explain it's meaning.
I've noticed your original message
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsavitz View Post
Hi everyone,
The bookmarks, citations and last reading position don't save in Cool Reader after the book is closed.
It is not configuration problem. Let me see if I can reproduce it.

Last edited by pkbo; 06-22-2013 at 09:38 AM.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #88
jbsavitz
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
I'm afraid there is no manual. But if you will name some specific problem, or some specific setting you are interested in I could try to explain it's meaning.
I've noticed your original message

It is not configuration problem. Let me see if I can reproduce it.
The e-book I'm reading is on the memory card in a directory. The cover image is able to be created and saved, but it's unclear to me where the bookmark, citation and last page read are stored in a file. The .PDF reader creates an .onyx directory in the same directory as the e-book and stores the thumbnail and a "sketch" file which has the missing information. I'm wondering if this is a logic error or if some code is missing. I hope this information is not being stored in the cr3 directory in the main memory, not a good design idea. I would like to be able to move the memory card from one onyx to another and be able to continue reading.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #89
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It is stored in the cr3 directory in the cr3hist.bmk file.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:27 AM   #90
Manolo
Addict

I tried it and I didn't have that problem. Cr remembered position. Perhaps only happen sometimes? Which file format did you use?

Tags
bugs, coolreader, fbreader, onyx boox, whislist