Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
chemi
chemi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Adding custom fields when importing books via command line

Hi, I have added some custom fields to my library model.
Now, when I am importing books from command line with calibredb command I don't find the way to fill those custom fields.

Is there any undocumented parameter to achieve that? I was reading this http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cli/calibredb.html#add

Thanks in advance,

Chemi.
chemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibredb set_metadata -h
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
chemi

Thanks!
Problem I see is that I need the id of the book to update the metadata and I was adding the book for the first time in that moment.

Anyway to get the id of the added book without executing a search?
No way to add the custom metadata as part of the add command?

Once again, thanks a lot,

Chemi.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Parse the output from the add command
Old 02-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
chemi

I don't receive the id, just two message lines:

calibredb add -a Chemi -t Ejemplo -e --library-path "D:\Calibre Portable\Calibre Library"
Backing up metadata
Notifying calibre of the change

Any verbose argument perhaps?

Thanks,

Chemi.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Your version of calibre is out of date.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
chemi

Updated to 0.9.20 and I have the same output.
Any suggestion? Verbose parameter? Debug parameter?

BTW, I am using Portable version. Don't think it makes any difference but just in case...

Thanks again,

Chemi.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Newer versions of calibre all output the ids of added books.

Tags
command line, import books