Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-30-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Possible cover design assignment

I'm not sure whether this is allowed, or if I'm in the right place, but I'm sure the moderators will (re)move it if I'm wrong.

I may have an assignment for cover design if anyone is interested. I've been working on trying to put together a cover and not had the success I want, since the dpi count comes out too low.

I have an idea for a design, and have all the elements (about the author, back cover blurb, etc) but, if my last-ditch attempt to do it myself doesn't pan out, I'd be open to suggestions from outside.

So it's not an actual project yet, but it would be nice to hear from some of you, preferably with examples of your work.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Several members here hire book covers to members of the http://www.deviantart.com/ community. Might want to check there.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Several members here hire book covers to members of the http://www.deviantart.com/ community. Might want to check there.
Thanks, Vidorscope. I'll give them a shot.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Try the job offers section. Direct link, as it's a bit hidden:

http://forum.deviantart.com/jobs/offers/
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
James_Wilde
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Try the job offers section. Direct link, as it's a bit hidden:

http://forum.deviantart.com/jobs/offers/
Thanks, anamardoll, you're not kidding. I'd given up on finding anything until I saw your post. However, I've found a designer now.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:53 PM   #6
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Wilde View Post
Thanks, anamardoll, you're not kidding. I'd given up on finding anything until I saw your post. However, I've found a designer now.
Awesome! Yeah, I had to bookmark the link because it is BURIED.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:54 PM   #7
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Awesome! Yeah, I had to bookmark the link because it is BURIED.
Plus it is easy to get lost in the pretty pictures
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote