Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Question [Libre] Audiobook Oddity

Has anyone here added any audiobooks to their Libre? I created an Audiobook folder on my SD card, added an audiobook to it, but it didn't show up there when I tried to access it on the reader. BUT, it did show up when I opened up the MP3 player. Very odd.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
Has anyone here added any audiobooks to their Libre? I created an Audiobook folder on my SD card, added an audiobook to it, but it didn't show up there when I tried to access it on the reader. BUT, it did show up when I opened up the MP3 player. Very odd.
Yes, noticed it a few weeks ago with a "War of the Worlds" broadcast mp3. Did the same as you with the SD card. Just dumped a few more mp3's on the card and the list shows when the player is opened. I don't normally use the player except when my sons "borrow" my zune.
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
Not odd at all since the files in question are MP3. Depending of which app is started determines what files will be recognised by the device. The same holds true for pictures.

So if you start poking around in the wrong folder you run the possibility of thinking there is nothing in the folder just because the file is not recognized by the active app.

Some of you already know this but an mp3 is an audio file. It doesn't care whether the source is a song or the spoken word. It's just a format. So just because it is an audio file of someone(s) reading a book doesn't mean that the book reader app recognizes it.

When reading a book and you decide to listen to background music by turning on the option via the option menu you are basically starting up another app that is running in the background.

The same holds true for pictures. The unit supports multiple picture formats such as jpeg, gif etc. These can only be viewed via the picture viewer app or in some circumstances as part of a document such as when viewing HTML documents. The picture files will be called into view from a specified folder as required when reading the document. Some documents do not support embedded pictures such as txt formated documents.

Unlike the Libre the jetBook has 4 options on it's front menu - "Books", "Audio Books", "Pictures" and "Settings". The "Audio Books" option is really just a basic mp3 player app. It pulls up all audio files found in internal memory or on the SD card.

Last edited by jlg432; 04-27-2010 at 10:40 AM.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #4
pedroapril
pedroapril began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek libre ebook reader pro
i'm having trouble downloading mp3 music files on my Libre. can someone help me?
pedroapril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #5
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroapril View Post
i'm having trouble downloading mp3 music files on my Libre. can someone help me?
Can you describe the "trouble" you are having in more detail? Downloading from where?
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert