Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:02 AM   #16
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I think it might be a loss-leader. Pixmania are still showing them at £269.

But I'm sure that we will see prices come down. What we really need is someone else supplying a similar screen. As I undertsand things, all the screens have the eInk part from the same manufacturer.

I'm looking forward to one with a non-glass substrate screen. The current screen are far too fragile.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
wow if prices are starting to drop this much already that is brilliant news for the propagation of liseuses. most of my friends have been really enthusiastic about the idea, until they hear the price. that usually cools them right down. let's just hope it's the beginning of a trend everywhere and will continue and amplify.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
you are probably right but that seems to be a pretty good strategy. hopefully when PlasticLogic's factory goes online the screens will also drop in price, and that will also make a huge difference. but i think PL is not scheduled to enter production until 2009 or 2010 (can't remember now). so there is still a bit of a wait...
Advert
Old 09-05-2008, 03:51 PM   #18
Crozie
Hobbit
Crozie began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3 and Kindle 3G
Has anyone seen any in a mortar and bricks WH Smith?
Old 09-05-2008, 04:35 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've emailed them asking if it's the correct price. Just the automated response so far.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:02 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A friend of mine's just ordered one.
Advert
Old 09-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #21
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
I'd like to order one at this price, but don't have a UK address
Old 09-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #22
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
There have been low-price promotions before, e.g. by Sony. I'm hoping there will be more as time goes on, but I think it will take competition in the screen production end of things to really bring prices down.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:44 AM   #23
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Shown as back in stock now, so I've just ordered one (birthday pressie for the missus) - free delivery too (Bookeen take note) and credit-card not charged until it's dispatched, so let's see what happens...
Old 09-07-2008, 06:07 AM   #24
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Well I too have ordered one. It will act as a trial to see how I get on with e-readers, I may get an iliad eventually as the larger screen will be useful for pdfs, but you can't beat the Cybook for weight, price and availability.

If only they'd sort out the Library to give a directory..

Here's hoping
Old 09-07-2008, 09:33 AM   #25
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
Well I too have ordered one. It will act as a trial to see how I get on with e-readers, I may get an iliad eventually as the larger screen will be useful for pdfs, but you can't beat the Cybook for weight, price and availability.

If only they'd sort out the Library to give a directory..

Here's hoping
if you mean folders, they have said they will implement those in a firmware update. it was not done in the most recent one however the Readme file mentions them in the list of "what's coming next" ; hopefully that means they'll be in the *next* firmware update.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:37 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Folders would be nice, but I wouldn't personally call them vital. The existing library works OK with a couple of hundred books, and I don't personally have any need to carry around more than that.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #27
junior
Connoisseur
junior began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
They do not ship to the Brasil. I need to buy plus one unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Folders would be nice, but I wouldn't personally call them vital. The existing library works OK with a couple of hundred books, and I don't personally have any need to carry around more than that.
Support the folders is good, but I'm also satisfied with the current library works cybook, and five pages of twenty books I can manage with ease.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #28
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I suspect the need for folders correlates strongly with the tendency to re-read books. I re-read many of my books (as do many others here at MR) and as a result, I am attempting to keep as much of my library as possible on my iLiad at once. Without the folder support provided by the iLiad, I would have a lot of trouble finding anything.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #29
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Well .. this is too good to miss! .. I'm going to get one and sell my 'old' one on ebay .. I've been craving the more memory since it came out! .. even if I can just get £100 for mine (it's in perfect condition) it means I'll have an 'upgrade' for £50! ..

Altho it's letting us all order I can't help wondering if this is actually too good to be true! ..

Loopy

PS Hubby's going to have mine for £100! .. all ordered with WHSmith and had an order confirmation thru! .. they may be doing it as a 'loss leader' but who in their right mind would pay their prices for e-books when there's fictionwise?!!

Last edited by Loopy65; 09-07-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:12 AM   #30
pmwt
Enthusiast
pmwt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo HD
Does anyone know if this is just the ebook reader or it includes a cover, charger etc?
The description only mention the reader but the pictures seem to show the cover and other acessories.
Closed Thread