Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
ukepyoo11
ukepyoo11 began at the beginning.

Device: None
StackHash_d6e9

I've been using Calibre for a few years already but recently, after I changed the fonts to be used in the ebook viewer, Calibre has been giving me a pop up box that says, "calibre-parallel.exe has stopped working." I tried re-installing the program but nothing happened. The pop up still appears.

I checked the Problem signature and searched for what to do when I encountered StackHash_0a9e. I followed the instructions for that DEP thingy but the problem still persists.

Now, it's StackHash_d6e9. I tried to Google it but nothing appears.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: calibre-parallel.exe
Application Version: 2.11.0.0
Application Timestamp: 546ee69e
Fault Module Name: StackHash_d6e9
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 06c00917
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: d6e9
Additional Information 2: d6e9c02d7bf18afcd7eb3b55592fa472
Additional Information 3: b79b
Additional Information 4: b79b07315fad9232db29f9b41ca73c07

I'd really appreciate it if you can help me. Thank you!
ukepyoo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 05:16 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
My suggestion is to change the font to something like Times New Roman if using Windows.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
My suggestion is to change the font to something like Times New Roman if using Windows.
or Verdana if you want a sans-serif font.

@ukepyoo11 - if you really want to burrow into the DEP issue then:

In Task Manager, select the DEP column in View>Select columns. You'll probably find it's enabled for calibre-parallel. See this Change Data Execution Prevention settings for how to set DEP exclusions

Before doing that I suggest you take a System Restore Checkpoint - just in case something unravels. If the exclusion doesn't fix the problem, it probably won't, then remove the exclusion - but if does then let us know.

But the best thing is to just change the font

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-23-2014 at 06:05 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:12 PM   #4
ukepyoo11
ukepyoo11 began at the beginning.

Device: None
@JSWolf and @BetterRed:

Wow, you guys are fast. Thank you for responding quickly.

I've tried what you guys have mentioned but the pop up still appears.
ukepyoo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If your crash is caused by the changed font, change the font back to the default settings. (Use the restore defaults button in the viewer configuration or delete viewer.py in the calibre config directory.

And note that a StackHash fault module means that windows could not determine what module the fault occurred in. So it is pointless googling for it, since any suggestions you get will only work if the underlying cause of the crash is the same, which is unlikely.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try ==>> Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

But my Googling suggests it could be a hardware fault eg at Bleeping ==>> Repeated APPCRASH Errors (Stackhash issue?) - Windows 7

IMO Bleeping Computers is 'the best' place to go for this sort of thing - do what Louis suggests in that thread, d/l his diagnostic pack, then start your own thread at Bleeping with the info from Louis' diagnostics pack.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem